As of today, I have published over 600 posts on this blog. I have over 110 followers and my Twitter followers has increased to almost 200. Since the only thing I really Tweet is my blog and some Facebook posts, I was pretty surprised to see the jump in followers. To some this may
I can’t believe that I have written that many. I am sure that most of you have not read all of them or if you did, they didn’t leave a lasting impact. My goal when I started writing my blog was to begin to build relationships with people in the hopes that I would grow my Thirty One business. I know, pretty crazy, right? I sometimes wonder if my honesty in my blog hurts my business or keeps people from wanting to be a part of my AWESOME team.
Over the several months, I have begun to wonder if I should keep writing. I have begun to re-think my reasons for doing it. Then I will receive an email, text or even a comment that encourages me and the thoughts pass. I want to increase my readership so here are some tips that I found (but for the life of me, I can’t remember where).
- Create A Roundup. I love this idea. A roundup is where you share a bunch of your old posts about the same subject in one handy spot. YEAH! What is the purpose? To generate traffic to your old blog posts.
- Make Images More Pinterest-friendly. Okay, well that would mean that I need to do more than just post a picture on my blog. I am lucky that I know how to “pin” and “add” to my boards let alone make things pinterest-friendly.
- Link Back. I have this one down pat. When I write a blog, and I remember that I did one about a similar subject OR I mention something that is in another blog, I link them. I am hoping that will also drive people to my old blog posts.
- Link to Old Posts in Guests posts on bigger blogs. As much as I would love to do this, I have not tried this. I seem to have a problem tagging myself in other people’s blog. I do pitch bigger blogs when I write especially if they inspired me to write about my strengths, hopes and experiences. In some cases, I have received recognition and a thank you for tagging the original writer. I never thought about adding my blog in their comments.
- Familiarize Yourself with Your Archives. Despite my best efforts, I don’t seem to remember what I wrote about with the exception of those dedicated to family members on certain dates. The rest is really a blur. There are those rare occasions that I will hunt for a keyword and find a post that I forgot that I wrote.
So, are you looking to grow your blog? Are you looking to start a blog? Just starting out, keep some of these things in mind. If you have been writing to awhile, share the link to your blog. Let’s support each other in our efforts.
Which one of these tips are you going to try to implement?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
#blog, #thirtyone, #blogtraffic