Halfway through November with only about 6 weeks left in the year. YIKES! Was one of your resolutions or goals to build your team? Or maybe be consistent in your business? One of the biggest struggles that most direct sellers have is getting out of their own way. They think that leadership (and success) requires knowledge and ALOT of time. Guess what neither is true.
I have been following the AMAZING Lynn Bardowski, the Million Dollar Party Girl and have been getting some great tips. So whether you are a leader, working towards leadership, had a momentary thought about being a leader or just want to grow your personal business here are some tips from “How to Build Your Direct Sales Team“:
1. CREATE your vision. Successful leaders create their vision – before setting goals. Mix 1/3 passion with 1/3 purpose, add in 1/3 crazy and blend well with massive action. Vision will inspire you and others to act.
LEADERS LEAD BY MOBILIZING PEOPLE AROUND A COMPELLING VISION OF THE FUTURE.
2. BUILD belief. Lack of belief and confidence is the #1 reason people don’t start a direct sales business, or give up. Your belief in others is what will motivate them to take a leap and go for it. Send cards, texts and Facebook messages that let your hostesses, potential sponsors and team members know how awesome they are.
3. SERVE others. Successful leaders put the team before themselves. This is true for direct sales success as well. Plan on devoting your time, energy and sometimes profits to mentor and coach consultants. Don’t worry about the party chain you’re giving up to give a new consultant a great start, or the profit you just lost by helping a Consultant at their Grand Opening party. That’s small change compared to the lives you’ll help shape, and the bigger income that will come back to you in the future. Let this question be your guide: “Is what I’m doing serving myself, or serving others?”
4. ASK open ended questions. You don’t have to know all the answers, just the right questions. Here’s my top 5: 1) What interests you most about [leadership, the company, hosting a party, earning the trip, etc.]? 2) What is your BIG WHY? 3) On a scale of 1-10, how committed are you to making your WHY a reality? 4) Tell me about a recent success; what did it take? 5) What do you attribute that to?
5. RECOGNIZE effort, progress and results. Social media is your best recognition tool, and it’s free. Give shout-outs on your group page and create a wall post with a fun graphic.
6. INFLUENCE with your attitude, actions and belief. Successful leaders are caring, empathetic and grateful. You are influencing all the time, even when you post on Facebook. Are you the dream consultant that you want to sponsor? If yes, keep doing more of that. If no, then work on being an awesome consultant first. Do what you want duplicated.
Lynn has some great tips on vendor event set-up which is especially great during this holiday season. Stay tuned for an upcoming boot-camp with Lynn sponsored by Jersey Shore Direct Sellers. A great opportunity to learn how she grew her business to be the Million Dollar Party Girl.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!