No, today is NOT Tasty Tuesday BUT with so many awesome recipes floating around, I decided to do an edition of Tasty Thursday. Today’s recipe is courtesy of Jen at THE HAUTE MOMMY HANDBOOK. I LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies. Maybe it is because I can trick myself into believing that they are healthy. I mean oatmeal is good for you and it is a POWER food with Weight Watchers, right? The funny thing is that I can remember NEVER wanting to eat oatmeal as a child. In fact, I didn’t even put milk on my cereal. Who wants to eat soggy Frosted Flakes?
Since joining Weight Watchers many years ago, oatmeal is a staple on my shelf. I love to make Hungry Girl’s GIGANTIC Oatmeal Bowls for breakfast filled with any combination of apples, bananas, blueberries or cinnamon.
1/2 cup + 6 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Beat eggs and vanilla in separate bowl, then add to large bowl. Beat all wet ingredients well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Add oats and raisins. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and fork inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, then move to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen of bite size cookies. They don’t spread when baking.
If anyone makes a batch and needs a taste tester, I’m available!!!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!