Today’s recipe is courtesy of allrecipes.com. You can view the video on how to make this tasty meal by clicking the link. For health reasons, it has been suggested that I go dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free. I am doing my best but it isn’t easy. So here is a recipe that I am going to try.
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sesame oil, divided
- 4 cups cubed pork loin (I will substitute shrimp since I don’t eat meat)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 ounces shredded cauliflower
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Stir peas and water together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook and stir until peas are tender and heated through, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook and stir pork in hot oil until lightly browned on all sides and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer meat to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil the wok. Saute green onions, carrot, and garlic in hot oil until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook and stir until cauliflower had a tender but firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir pork, peas, and and soy sauce into cauliflower mixture and stir-fry until mixture is hot and slightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Move pork-cauliflower mixture to one side of the wok; pour beaten eggs onto empty side. Scramble eggs until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes; stir cooked eggs into the pork-cauliflower mixture, breaking up any large chunks.
Hope you have a ThirtyOne-derful day!