“Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” ~Oscar Wilde
This week’s focus has been on money – we need to CELEBRATE it so that it can grow in abundance. We all want to be rich (in some way), right?
STOP racing for riches that make you feel unfulfilled!
STOP chasing for more that leaves you stressed!
STOP feeling like you will never fit in with your richer friends.
I will admit that I spent much of my career trying to make more money BUT when I achieved it – it didn’t buy me happiness! In fact, the more I made the more I spent. The additional money left me poorer in happiness, health, and relationships. I didn’t know how to relax and I found I was missing out on those special moments.
The truth was I often failed to recognize the riches I did have. I was measuring my inner wealth by my external wealth. I always said that I would never be materialistic yet the credit card debt kept accumulating. It was not long ago that I started a journey to find my inner wealth and it has been AMAZING!
Here are the things that I learned on my journey:
- Authenticity – Stay true to yourself and be at peace with who you are. It is the greatest richness in life.
- Acceptance – Our natural desire is to control the uncontrollable. I have been there. Replace that struggle with acceptance and peace. When you find yourself in a situation say “It’s okay. I accept this just as it is.”
- Curiosity – Childish wonder is within us. Set a goal everyday of learning something new, no matter how tiny, then share it. It will help to reignite your spark and excitement for life – you’ll be amazed!
- Creativity – Create something from nothing – a meal, a picture whatever sparks your interest. It will give you the feeling of accomplishment amid everyday life.
- Forgiveness – The act of forgiveness is a true testament to your inner strength. I wrote this for each person: “I forgive you, [name].” Don’t worry if you don’t feel forgiveness the first time; it will come in due time.” It was so freeing!
- Gentleness – Confucius listed gentleness as one of the greatest virtues. The ability to be strong without being abrupt or harsh is a rare and valuable quality. Next time you want to snap, smile, AND speak softly.
- Patience – This is an ongoing process for me. With patience, you can achieve things over time that may seem impossible. When you start beating yourself up over a missed goal, write a realistic time line, and remember to be as patient with yourself as you are with others.
- Gratitude – It takes dedication to notice what you have and be thankful for it. Acknowledging all the good things in each day will make you rich in happiness. Be sure to note one thing each day that you might have taken for granted, and begin to build a treasury of blessings.
- Generosity – Give when you think you don’t have anything to give – it is the true generosity of heart. When you do this, you realize that you always have enough to share. Did you know that in this hectic world, your full attention is one of the most generous things you can give.
- Kindness – Being kind brings its own rich rewards—inner peace, happiness, and knowing that you are making a difference in the world, one that people will remember.
- Compassion – To understand and feel another’s pain is a truly selfless act. This simple acts of kindness will help you to appreciate the areas of ease and plenty in your own life.
- Love – Make an emotional connection with others, no matter who it is will bring an abundance into your life that money can never hope to match.
- Vulnerability – Letting down your defenses allows others to see the full you. Being vulnerable builds trust in relationships. This is tough for me, but I work at it every day.
- Contentment – Realizing you are already blessed with abundance brings serenity and contentment. Acknowledge all the wealth you already have because, as the proverb says, “enough is a feast.”
What are your best tips for living a life full of abundance? Share them with us. Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!