The school year is winding down. The kids are already complaining that there is nothing to do. Work is crazy. You are juggling more balls than you ever did. STRESS!
Did you know that “Stress is your resistance to what’s happening”? That’s right, you are refusing to accept the what is happening. Instead, you worry and think what shoulda, coulda or woulda happen. Some would say that stress is just a mindset which can be changed.
The truth is you can conquer daily stress by simply living in the present – just BE here now. Let go of what you think your life is supposed to look, and simply appreciate it for everything that it is. I know, easier said then done, right?
Here are some tips on how to reduce your stress from the book “1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently”:
- Trust your intuition. You don’t need to explain or justify your feelings to everyone, just trust your own inner guidance, it often knows best.
- Firmly decide what matters and what doesn’t. Stress comes from the way you react, not the way life is. Inner peace begins the moment you choose to be mindful by not allowing another person or event to dominate your emotions.
- Take a deep breath when you need one. You don’t have to solve every problem in your life before you can enjoy being at peace.
- Keep sanity in your schedule. Say “no” sometimes to good things so you can say “yes” to important things. We can’t do it all so choose wisely.
- Practice gratitude. Here is that Law of Attraction thing again. Look for reasons to be grateful, and see them everywhere. Remind yourself how fortunate you are at this moment. The more you appreciate it, the better it’ll be.
- Detach yourself from the habit of taking things personally. This has been the hardest thing for me to learn. Did you know that if you take everything personally, you’ll remain offended for the rest of your life? The truth is that what other people do is often because of them, not you. As I was once told, “it isn’t all about you”!
- Focus on the positive. Positive thinking isn’t about expecting the best to happen every time – it’s about accepting what happens every time, and making the best of it. In other words, a sincerely positive attitude is an expression of the way you choose for things to be.
- Practice patience as you work for your desires. In a world filled with instant gratification, we must learn the value of patience and perseverance.
- Spend time with supportive, loving people. Being happy is directly related to the quality of people who you surround yourself with every single day. Yup, the Law of Attraction again.
Whatever is happening in your life right now… The key it NOT to beat yourself up! No matter what!
Are you struggling with life and has stress got the best of you? That’s okay. Be patient with yourself. It years to form these habits, routines and life situations that are creating stress in your life. There is NO magic wand that will wipe it all away. It will take some time to make changes.
But I promise you: Even the smallest step in the right direction today will bring you some peace. Take that step. And then take another one tomorrow.
In what way do you need to lower your daily stress? What is creating needless stress in your life? Share your thoughts with us.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!