Happy Monday! It has been a whirlwind twelve days since the launch of the $1 offer at Thirty One Gifts. New recruits learning the ins and outs of growing their business through social media. I LOVE the excitement and being able to share so many tips from so many different resources.
How many times have you posted a picture or a message on Facebook and you hear crickets? No one comments. No one “likes” it. NOTHING! I usually blame it on Facebook’s algorithms! Wouldn’t it be great to get LOTS of likes, comments and better yet some shares?
At Thirty One, we are all about sharing and not selling on social media. Yes, I will highlight this month’s customer special BUT I will leave out the price. Yes, I will show how I use my products and share the excitement of them. NO, I will not say “I need XXX in sales to meet my goal”. NO, I will not say, “I need XXXX to reach an incentive. Why? Because then we look desperate. Who wants to buy something from someone who is desperate to sell something? Wouldn’t you rather get excited about the product and its uses?
Here are some winning Facebook Strategies:
1. Update your profile picture: I know, a no-brainer, right? The truth is that people connect with real people. Replace your logos or product pictures with your smiling face. How exciting would it be to meet someone for the first time and they say “I recognized you from your picture”? I love when that happens. Use the same pictures on all of your social media sites. I change them all every other month to keep things fresh.
2. Update your cover picture: I do this monthly. WHY? People check back when there are new pictures in their news feed. Avoid too much text or using more than 3 pictures in your cover picture. Websites like picmonkey.com or canva.com are great to make your own for even the most non-tech person.
3. Enter a description for your super amazing new cover photo: This is a great tip from Lynn Bardowski: “this is a secret trick that few people take advantage of. Click on your cover photo and you’ll see the description section on the right. I’m betting you’ve never filled it out. Enter a greeting like, “Hey, (your name) here. Thanks for stopping by,” with a call to action, like asking your fans to join your email list. End with a link to your contact form and SAVE. Now, here’s the cool part. Go back to view your page and hover over your cover pic. The description will pop-up. Boom!”
4. Be more social: Another no-brainer, right? Social media should be social, right? Believe it or not, when you begin to interact with people instead of trying to SELL, you will get a response. Ask questions, show your funny side, inform, inspire and be you. Social selling is about building relationships, not actually selling.
5. Use your EVENTS tab: I will admit that I didn’t use the one on my public page very often – okay, never! Did you know that you can click on “Manage Tabs” and move it up near the top so your Events tab shows under your cover pic. AMAZING, right? Use that to create events for everything from Facebook Parties to Vendor Events to Product Reveals to Opportunity Events. Since your biz page is public, all the events you create are searchable like in a Google search. This makes the possibilities huge. Include keywords in your event title to maximize your reach.
6. Schedule posts at the best times: I have to be honest, I have heard a lot of talk on the best time. The truth is that the best time is what works best for your niche. The general rule for posts on Facebook are typically in the afternoon 2pm – 4pm on weekdays, 10am – Noon on Saturday and Sunday at 8pm. I have found that mornings also work for my customers. I use CinchShare to save time and it helps to post at the best times for my audience.
7. Create more albums: Want to increase your ranking on Facebook? It is based on the engagement on your page. What gets the most engagement? Photos and videos. Albums can be themed for events, holidays, motivational quotes, customer favorites and more. You can also share the album link on Facebook Parties and Event pages to create a virtual catalog of your products.
So, who is ready to get visible on Facebook? Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!