In the midst for those of us in direct sales, life can be in flux. Maybe the cut-off for holiday delivery has passed. Maybe you have been pushing for weeks and just want to take a break. Maybe you are already in planning mode for next year so you have written off the next two weeks. I have experienced each of these over the last 6 years and honestly, the results come January have been a little scary. I woke up this morning thinking “My January calendar is empty, what am I going to do?”.
Yup, doubt and fear crept in but were quickly pushed aside as I thought about how my team must be feeling. Many of them are experiencing their first holiday “crash” change of catalog season. What about your team? Are they tired of the doldrums? Do they need an infusion of new energy?
I am going to share with you 5 ways to energize your team which have helped my team over the years:
- Send some happy mail… just because. Include confetti, stick some candy in a tube and bling it up with stickers or rhinestones and let them know how much they mean to you. ANY chocolate is always a favorite.
- Invite them to participate in a special training with you or another successful person from your upline, outside professional trainer, or person within your company.
- Have a fun game night to just have fun together and really get to know each other. You can do it potluck style or have everyone bring toppings for banana splits and you provide the bananas and ice cream. If you are watching the calories… invite them for a spa night of foot soaks, facial masks, and lots of laughter.
- Revisit their why and form new personal success plans. You can even offer some extra personal attention and coaching.
- Offer a challenge or work toward a common goal. Some fun challenge ideas might be to:
- Beat Your Best Week or Month
- Have a Mystery Gift Drawing. Let your team earn tickets for each Income Producing Activity they accomplish. Have several prizes to keep it fun. Vary your prizes… even through in a few booby prizes or gag gifts.
Spring is right around the corner… take the time to lighten up, have fun, and do some things together!
Believe it or not, relaxing and having fun together will get the creative juices flowing which will result in growing your business. What kinds of things do you do to energize your team?
Have a ThirtyOne-deful day!