Thank you Tasty for today’s recipe!
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted, peeled
- 15 oz white bean, 1 can, drained, rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- canola oil (I use the spray instead of actual order to save points.
- chipotle mayo (optional, not included in point total)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
- In a large bowl, add the roasted sweet potato, white beans, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
- Once mashed, add the bread crumbs and mix them in.
- In a pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place patties on buns, and top with chipotle mayo, avocado, and red onion.
As I start cooking more and more from scratch, I findI need to get organized in the kitchen. Tossed out the spices which have been there since the age of time and am starting fresh. Containers instead of bags tossed on shelves makes it so much easier to find things Organize your pantry so you can find things AND you know what is there. I am forever buying new stuff because I couldn’t find something.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!