This recipe is courtesy of the Betty Crocker website.
Ready to pop in the oven in just 15 minutes, this quick-prep casserole blends beef, beans and fun-to-eat Pillsbury refrigerated biscuit “bubbles” in a not-too-spicy sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Servings: 6
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
2 cans (7.5 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated biscuits
1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained
1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Drain, if necessary.
3. Meanwhile, separate each can of dough into 10 biscuits. With pizza cutter, cut each biscuit into quarters.
4. In large bowl, stir together beef, beans, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Stir in biscuit pieces. Spread mixture evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over top.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Have leftovers? Why not freeze them to have lunch one day for work? Pack your lunch in one of ThirtyOne’s many thermal lunch totes. My favorite is the LunchBreak Thermal. This s the perfect size to fit standard food storage containers, so it is a great lunch bag for work, school or just a day spent running around town. It also makes a great snack and drink bag for trips to the pool or beach. I love it can be personalized with your favorite icon or just your name. It is approx. 8.5”H x 9″L x 6″D (15″L at top opening)
Have a recipe you would like to share? Share it with us, everyone always loves a new recipe to try.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!