If you always order the mixed-grill fajitas, it’s time to get your surf ‘n turf on at home! Thank you Hungry Girl for another awesome recipe…
1/6th of recipe (about 1 cup): 169 calories, 4g total fat (1g sat fat), 617mg sodium, 7g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 3g sugars, 25g protein. SmartPoints® value 2*
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low, plus 15 minutes
8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
8 oz. raw flank steak, cut into strips
1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
2 cups sliced red and green bell peppers
2 cups sliced onions
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 cups chicken broth
8 oz. (about 16) raw large shrimp peeled, tails removed, deveined
- Place chicken and beef in a slow cooker, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add peppers, onions, and remaining seasonings. Top with broth, and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours, or until chicken and beef are fully cooked.
- If cooking on low heat, increase heat to high.
- Add shrimp to the slow cooker, and stir to mix.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with a slotted spoon, draining the broth.
Thirty One’s Chill-icious Thermal is perfect for adults and kids. It’s super easy to carry or clip on a backpack or tote. 10″H x 8″L x 3 3/4″ D. The best part is it is only $20 plus $7 for personalization. Keeps food hot or cold.
Hope you have a ThirtyOne-derful day!