Happy Valentine’s Day! Today is a celebration of love…
This yummy carrot cake has a moist and light texture, and with cream-cheese frosting you will flip for!Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 25 minutes Cool: 1 hour
1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
3 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 3/4 cups moist-style yellow cake mix (about half a box)
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots, finely chopped
1/2 cup egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Optional topping is: 1/2 oz. (about 2 tbsp.) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9″ round cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all frosting ingredients except powdered sugar. With an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat until smooth, 1 – 2 minutes. Continue to beat while gradually adding powdered sugar. Beat until smooth, another 1 – 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine cake ingredients in a large bowl. Add 1 cup water, and whisk until smooth. Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 24 – 26 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely, about 30 minutes in the pan and 30 minutes out of the pan on a cooling rack.
- Plate cake, and spread the top with frosting. Sprinkle with walnuts. (Refrigerate leftovers.)
- MAKES 8 SERVINGS
A Serving Size: 1/8th of cake
Nutritional Breakdown: Calories: 220; Fat: 7.5g; Sodium: 415mg; Carbs: 34.5g; Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 20g; Protein: 3.5g.PointsPlus® value 6*
Let us know if you try it and what you think….
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!