Thank you Crystal VanTassel-Lopez for this recipe…
If you are looking for a delicious and easy cake recipe, I have the perfect one for you to make!
1 Duncan Hines/Pillsbury Supreme Strawberry Cake Mix
Ingredients Listed on Back of Cake Box (egg, water, oil)
2 (10 oz) boxes of Frozen Strawberries in Syrup
1 cup of cold milk
1 (3.5 oz ) box of Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip, thawed
1 pint strawberries (with tops removed and strawberries cut in half), thawed
1/3 c chopped pecans (totally optional, but you’ll be glad you did)
- Make the boxed cake mix according to the directions on the back.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 9×13 cake pan and bake according to the box directions
- When it is done take it out of the oven and let it cool 100%.
- Once it is cool, use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke rows and rows of holes in the cake.
- Add the thawed strawberries with syrup into a food processor or blender. Pulse until it is a slushy consistency. It will look like this with chunks for strawberries.
- Pour the strawberry puree mixture over the cake and spread it out evenly. Let it soak in.
- While you are letting the strawberry puree soak in, put 1 cup of cold milk and the instant vanilla pudding mix into a bowl and mix until it thickens. Even though the box of instant pudding says to use 2 cups of milk, but we are only going to use 1 cup.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- Once the pudding and Cool Whip are well combined, spread it over the top of the cake for a vanilla pudding and whip cream icing
- Take the fresh strawberry halves and place them on top of the cake frosting.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans (optional) on the cake.
- Now, pop it in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Doesn’t it look YUMMY? Want to keep this cool while traveling to a party? Try Thirty One’s Perfect Party Set back for the summer in fun new prints
What is your favorite recipe? Share it with us for a FREE gift from me…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!