Thank you Hungry Girl for another yummy recipe…. The best part about her recipes are they are usually really easy and helps me to look at various options in my recipes to help me stay on track in my weightless journey. Today’s Healthy Tropical BBQ Chicken Taco Recipe is one I probably would have never thought about….
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
Entire recipe (2 tacos): 255 calories, 5g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 730mg sodium, 30g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 11.5g sugars, 26.5g protein. SmartPoints® value 6
3 tbsp. bagged cole slaw mix
2 tbsp. crushed pineapple packed in juice (not drained)
1 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar
One 3-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1 1/2 tbsp. BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving
1 Flatout Hungry Girl Exclusive 100% Whole Wheat with Flax Foldit Flatbread (if only they were gluten free)
- In a small bowl, combine cole slaw mix, pineapple (and its juice), onion, cilantro, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Pound chicken to an even thickness. Season with garlic powder and onion powder. Bring a grill pan (or skillet) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Chop chicken, and place in a medium bowl. Add BBQ sauce, and stir to coat.
- Cut flatbread in half to make two round pieces. On a microwave-safe plate, microwave for 10 seconds, or until warm.
- Divide slaw mixture between flatbread pieces, and top with chicken mixture. Fold and chew!
These are great to take for lunch in Thirty One’s Going Places Thermal. Snacking on the go? This stylish bag with an adjustable strap does double duty as a thermal and crossbody to make it easiest to pack lunch or treats for every family outing, play date or sporting event. Dimensions: 8″H x 9″L x 5.5″D
Remember to share your favorite recipe with us and I will be happy to feature it in our next Tasty Tuesday post.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!