I have always loves s’mores. I remember when Belinda was younger, we used to hang out at my best friend’s house and the kids would make them in the fire pit. BUT, if you are watching those calories, you want to limit yourself to just one. Honestly, can you? I know I can’t. So I am grateful for the recipe from Hungry Girl.…
The best part is, you don’t need an outdoor fire to make them, you can do them right in your own kitchen anytime. WOOHOO!!! So be sure to stock up on the ingredients when you hit the grocery store.
1/6th of recipe (1 mini pie): 149 calories, 6g total fat (2g sat fat), 128mg sodium, 20.5g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 8g sugars, 3.5g protein SmartPoints® value 6*
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp. powdered peanut butter
2 packets no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
2 graham crackers (1/2 sheet), finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 6 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the crust, pulse oats to the consistency of coarse flour in a small blender/food processor.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter for 20 seconds, or until melted.
- In a large bowl, combine ground oats, melted butter, and remaining crust ingredients. Mix until uniform with the consistency of wet sand.
- Evenly distribute mixture among the 6 cups of the muffin pan, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crusts. Press it into the edges and up along the sides.
- Bake until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and set oven to broil.
- Evenly distribute 1 tbsp. chocolate chips among the crusts. Top with marshmallows and remaining 1 tbsp. chocolate chips.
- Cook until marshmallows have melted and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.
Here is a great way to carry all of the s’mores must haves when you head out this summer. Thirty One’s Perfect Party Set is great for this.
This thermal bag will prevent your chocolate from melting in the heat. An entertaining wonder! This thermal keeps your food warm or cool on your way to the party, with two compartments sized to fit 9” x 13” pans.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!