Thank you Hungry Girl for another YUMMY recipe. I LOVE this one.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS: 1/4th of recipe (about 2 cups): 323 calories, 4g total fat (<0.5g sat fat), 788mg sodium, 59g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 18.5g sugars, 12.5g protein. SmartPoints® value 8*
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 6 cups frozen stir-fry veggies
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup all-natural thick teriyaki marinade or sauce (like the kind by Annie Chun’s)
- In a medium pot, combine quinoa, 1/2 tbsp. garlic, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until water has been absorbed and quinoa is fully cooked. Transfer to a large bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- Bring a very large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp. garlic, stir-fry veggies, broccoli, and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook until veggies have mostly softened, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Uncover, and cook and stir until excess liquid has evaporated and veggies are fully softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce and cooked quinoa and mix well. Cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute. Serve up and enjoy!
Have leftovers? What better what to take them to work the next day then in a Thirty One Thermal? Did you know they are on special in June? 50% off any thermal with a $35 purchase. The Go-To Thermal is great for kids (and messy adults)….
It can be yours for $9 with a $35 purchase. Get a jump on the back to school sales. Grab a gift for an upcoming wedding, anniversary or birthday.
Remember to share your favorite recipe with us…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!