Today’s recipe is courtesy of The Baking Chocola Tess.
Do you like Apple Fritters? I don’t mean the kind you find in WaWa or any other store bakery. Have you ever had an apple fritter baked into a fluffy, buttery, white cake loaf with chunks of apples and layers of brown sugar and cinnamon swirled inside and on top? I mean the moist, delicious and full of home-made goodness from the heart – just like home kind! I am going to tweak this some so it is gluten free and hopefully it will be just as YUMMY!
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
2 apples, peeled and chopped (any kind), mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- (depending on thickness of glaze wanted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apple mixture, then half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining apple mixture, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 50-60 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
Take these tasty treats to your next party or tailgating event by packing them in a picnic thermal. They can be warm out of the oven or just room temperature. You will love the picnic thermal for its many uses – the beach, campgrounds, or family picnic with your favorite foods. It has a Leak Lock Thermal Lining to hold ice when you need to keep things cool for a longer time. A removable, adjustable shoulder strap makes it easy to carry when you have your hands full, and the zip-around closure ensures everything stays put while you’re transporting it from the car. Holds up to 20 lbs! Key features include: Zip-around closure, Removable, adjustable shoulder strap, exterior front pocket, holds up to 20 lbs., keeps contents cool for up to 1.75 hours and monogramming and personalization options available. Approx. 13”H x 11”L x 6”D
So who is ready to make some apple fritter bread? Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!