Thank you Hungry Girl for another YUMMY recipe. I will be honest, I am not a huge fan of portabella mushrooms maybe because I never had the right recipe or didn’t really know how to cook them. This recipe has changed my mind!
1/2 of recipe (1 pizza-bella): 140 calories, 5g total fat (2.5g sat fat), 379mg sodium, 11g carbs, 3g fiber, 4g sugars, 15g protein. SmartPoints® value 3*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes MAKES 2 SERVINGS
2 large portabella mushroom caps (stems removed)
1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1 1/2 oz. cooked and finely chopped skinless chicken breast. (Magic Chicken, anyone?)
1 tbsp. finely chopped bell pepper
1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place mushroom caps on center of the foil, rounded sides down.
- Place another large piece of foil over the mushrooms. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake until slightly tender, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir tomatoes with seasonings.
- Cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. Remove foil, and carefully drain excess liquid from the baking sheet. Thoroughly blot excess moisture from mushroom caps.
- Evenly top with seasoned tomatoes, cheese, chicken, and veggies.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender and cheese has melted, about 8 minutes.
- Top with cilantro.
Do you have a favorite recipe using portabella mushrooms? Share it with us.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!