I love CHILI and I am excited to have a new recipe which has lots of the zero point foods from Weight Watchers. This is a delicious, filling chili. You can serve it topped with sour cream (or cheddar cheese) and tortilla chips!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 12
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes, then add the turkey, and stir until crumbly and no longer pink.
- Add the butternut squash, chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, kidney beans, hominy, and tomato sauce; season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
Have some leftovers, why not take them for lunch in one of ThirtyOne’s AMAZING thermals, like the Go To Thermal.
It is called the Go-To Thermal because you should think of it as the universal lunch bag. With clean lines a simple handle and a variety of prints, this tote is perfect for every member of the family. Features a zip closure and an exterior pocket. Ideal for work, school, sporting events, road trips, golf outings, play dates, fishing trips, pool days and a bunch of other places. Makes a great gift for teachers, neighbors, friends and anyone else who loves to lunch or snack! Machine washable and wipeable lining. Key features are: keeps contents cool or warm for up to 1.25 hours; holds up to 10 lbs. (that’s ALOT of lunch) and can be personalized. It measures: 11”H x 12.5”L at top opening x 8”L at base x 5”D
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!