Thank you Weight Watchers for a YUMMY, gluten free recipe.. Sweet summer corn can’t be beat. Highlight it in this chowder along with buttery Yukon Gold potatoes and smoky Canadian bacon. I can’t wait to pick up some corn from the farmer’s market this week. Thompson Farms has the BEST, non-GMO corn around.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 SmartPoints™ value: 3 Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
- 1 medium uncooked Yukon gold potato(es) 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 4 piece(s) corn, kernels removed with a knife
- 1 small sweet red pepper(s), diced
- ½ cup(s) uncooked celery, chopped
- ¼ cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 4 oz uncooked Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thickly sliced
1. Pierce potato in several places with a fork; microwave on high power until tender, turning over once, about 8 minutes. Allow to cool; peel and mash.
2. Meanwhile, coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Add corn, red pepper, celery and onion; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Stir bacon and milk into saucepan; stir in mashed potato and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; stir to combine. Cover and simmer 10 minutes (do not allow to boil); serve garnished with scallions.
Making a batch and don’t have 4 people to share it with? Why not take it for lunch? ThirtyOne’s lunch thermals are on special this month… One of my favorites it the Crossbody Thermal Tote. Thirty One turned one of our most popular personal lunch thermals into a crossbody! Stay on-trend at the office or school with our fashionable and functional Crossbody Thermal Tote. Webbed handles plus a long, adjustable strap give you three ways to carry your snacks and drinks in style. Or give it as the perfect teacher’s gift! Choose personalization to make it even more special. You can get yours before the end of the month for just $10 with a $35 purchase. Stock up for school.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!