Today’s recipe is from Susan Popok of Traveling Vineyards. These yummy cupcakes will pair perfectly, I’m sure with one of their wines…Great for that upcoming party or barbecue.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 ½-4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine cake mix, eggs, olive oil, and chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- Bake according to package directions in lined mini muffin tins. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in ½ cup red wine, until dissolved.
- Allow to simmer until reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon. This will yield a few tablespoons of red wine syrup.
- Combine powdered sugar and butter until fluffy, using a hand mixer. Slowly add the wine syrup and blend to combine.
- Using a piping bag or plastic storage bag, frost the cupcakes.
So what happens at a Traveling Vineyard Wine Tasting?
Susan, your Sommelier, will bring 5 FREE bottles of wine, worth approximately $100 to the party. You and your friends will get to try the wine before you buy it! This is a great idea because I don’t know about you BUT I am pretty fussy about my wine. You will get to enjoy perfectly crafted food pairings selected by your Sommelier and then provided by the host to enhance the experience. Not just the “wine and cheese” kind of thing either. Chocolate and wine. Fruit and wine. You will also learn basic wine education in addition to playing fun games. Lastly, your guests will learn many solutions for their wine needs! We have a wine for everyone, every occasion, and every moment you can think of. So, who is ready for a girl’s night out while you sample some amazing wines? Be sure to connect with Susan to set the date…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!