- 3 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 12 tbsp. Low carb Marinara sauce
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese (for WW use part skim cheese)
- 24 Pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the three chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create 6 pieces of chicken.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoon of garlic powder evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Add ½ teaspoon of basil to each side of the chicken breasts.
- Apply salt and pepper to taste to each side of the chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet has come to temperature, add the chicken breasts. Sear them for 1-2 minutes on each side without moving, so that they get some good color.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a casserole dish or other baking pan with high sides.
- Cover each piece of chicken breast with two tablespoons of a low carb marinara sauce. You can substitute this with any other low carb pasta or pizza sauce of your choosing, just make sure that sugar is not in the ingredients.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over top of the chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with four slices of pepperoni.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes or until the toppings have browned, and the chicken is cooked through.
Have leftovers? Why not take them to work with you the next day? Why not try Thirty One’s NEW Lunch Break Thermal Ltd? I know the LunchBreak Thermal is NOT new but this style is…. You can elevate your style with one of our popular lunch thermals in sophisticated fabrics and finishes. Perfectly sized and styled for packing lunch and snacks for work or travel, our roomy insulated cooler bag has a water-resistant thermal lining, zipper closure, extended handle for ease of carrying and chic cotton fabrics. I love the feather personalization because it reminds me of angel wings…. What would your lunch tote say?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!