Fall is here and so is apple season…. I know most of you think of “everything pumpkin” BUT I LOVE apples. So check out these YUMMY Hungry Girl Apple Pies On the Go.
1/6th of recipe (1 pie): 96 calories, 0.5g total fat (0g sat fat), 162mg sodium, 22.5g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 2g protein SmartPoints® value 2*
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 25 minutes Cool: 20 minutes MAKES 6 SERVINGS
2 tsp. cornstarch
3 cups peeled and chopped Fuji or Gala apples (about 3 apples)
2 packets no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt
6 large square egg roll wrappers (stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market)
Optional topping: powdered sugar
- In a medium nonstick pot, combine cornstarch with 1/2 cup water. Stir to dissolve.
- Add apples, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir well.
- Set heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook until apples have slightly softened and mixture is thick and gooey, 8 – 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Let cool slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat on a dry surface. Evenly distribute 1/6th of apple mixture (about 1/3 cup) on the bottom half of the wrapper.
- Moisten all four edges by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. Fold the top half over the mixture so the top edge meets the bottom. Seal edges by pressing firmly with the prongs of a fork.
- Place on the baking sheet, and repeat to make 5 more pie pockets.
- Spray with nonstick spray. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
What better way to either keep your apple pie warm or cold then with a Thirty One Cool Clip Thermal. The Cool Clip Thermal Pouch makes a great addition to any tote, bag or backpack when you need a little extra space or just need to keep items separated and easy to access. Great for snacks, sunscreen, medicine, make-up, valuables, cell phones, baby food, bug spray, first-aid supplies and many other items. Features a washable and wipeable thermal lining, exterior clip, zipper closure and front pocket.
Have a favorite recipe? Share it with us. If I use it in my blog, you will receive a FREE gift in the mail. Who doesn’t like “happy mail”?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!