Thank you Vickie Howell and Thirty One for today’s blog post. I think I have just found the perfect use for those retired fabric swatches. New angels on their way….
Here is a great way to use those sewing scraps and leftover fabric pieces (or if you are a consultant – those retired fabric swatches. This is a fun indoor activity for the kids, too. Let them design their own to give as gifts this holiday season.
Raid your closets and find some fabric scraps – you know the ones you were saving! We never want anything to go to waste. Admit it, crafters – you have a spot in your closet just like this! I might even have more than one! Here is what Vickie came up with as a fun way to give old fabric scraps and swatches new life as sweet home décor or heartfelt gifts.
Follow the steps below to decorate your own Christmas tree, fireplace mantel, front door wreath or dining room table centerpiece with ornaments handmade from materials around your home!
- Clear plastic bulb ornaments (get them online, at your local craft store or even the dollar store)
- Scraps of fabric, trimmings and/or yarn
- Decorative ribbon
- Optional: Glitter, buttons, sequins
- Gather scraps and cut them into different lengths. (1″-4″ pieces work great!)
- Organize scraps and other trimmings by color family.
- Get creative! Combine a small handful of scraps from the same color family – or create your own palette – and insert them into a bulb.
- Tie a decorative ribbon onto the bulb’s wire loop for hanging.
Wrap your ornament in a little tissue paper and pop it into a Thirty One Little’s Carry All to give as a gift. Small in size, but big on benefit, it is the perfect solution for organizing the little things in life. From office supplies to eating utensils and cosmetics, this caddy helps keep your life in order by keeping everything right at your fingertips. Great for a gift basket, small toys, crafts, office desk supplies and wrapped candy.
Feel merry! Show us how crafty you are! Share your photos using the #partywithHope Who knows you may find some happy mail headed your way.
Love to get crafty? Be sure to check out Thirty-One Gifts’ Get Creative line of portable craft storage bags and more, including totes, work mats and clear pouches.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!