Today’s recipe is from BuzzFeed. It is the combination of TWO awesome things – tacos and pasta. A quick and easy meal, the kids will love.
The recipe will serve 10 – 12 people.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (I used gluten free)
1. Brown beef in a large quart pot over medium/high heat. Drain fat and return beef to pot.
2. Add taco seasoning, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and corn. Bring to a boil.
3. Add uncooked macaroni and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15
minutes (until pasta is cooked through). Stir occasionally.
4. Remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover.
5. Serve once cheese is melted!
Headed to a covered dish party? Place your pan in Thirty One’s Perfect Party Set and head out the door. It expands to hold two 9” x 13” casserole pans inside 2 interior water-resistant thermal compartments. Handle grips make it easy to carry, while the exterior zipper pocket can keep additional items like utensils, baking instructions and additional ingredients secure during transport. It’s the most convenient way to take your favorite casseroles, desserts, appetizers and more to your next family picnic, neighborhood cookout, celebration or camping trip!
OR if you just want to take some leftovers for lunch….Check out the Lunchbreak Thermal. It is one of my favorites and it is on the retirement list so it will be gone at the end of February. Great for school, the pool, sporting events, day trips, flights and dozens of other places. Extended handles allow you to tote this cooler bag over your shoulder so you can stay hands-free. An interior thermal lining keeps your food cool or warm, while an exterior pocket gives you a useful place to put your cell phone, keys or wallet. Makes a great gift for teachers, neighbors, friends and anyone else who loves to lunch!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!