I found this YUMMY recipe and have tried it. I cut back on the spices so it wouldn’t be too spicy for hubby BUT it was really good. Quick and easy. The bonus is it froze well too.
Thinking it might work with beef too…. OR just lots of veggies. How will you change it up?
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender
Be sure to pack your leftovers for lunch the next day in Thirty One’s Around the Clock Thermal. This is one of our most versatile totes. It is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, pool, beach, golf course, boating or sporting events. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes cleanup easier. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including crossbody for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids, teachers and everyone else on the go!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!