Today is another Weight Watcher’s recipe. I haven’t had the nerve to substitute this for hubby’s favorite Spanish Rice dish yet BUT the day is coming. I think I will make it for me and let him try it. Wonder if he will be able to tell the difference??? LOL!
Nutrition facts: 1/4th of recipe (about 1 1/3 cups) is 100 calories, 0.5g total fat (<0.5g sat fat), 571mg sodium, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 9.5g sugars, 5g protein. Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 0*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes Makes: 4 servings
4 cups riced cauliflower (or 5 cups roughly chopped cauliflower)
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
One 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- If starting with roughly chopped cauliflower, pulse in a blender until reduced to rice-sized pieces, working in batches as needed.
- Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion. Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, including riced cauliflower, and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove lid. Cook and stir until cauliflower is tender and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
The Tote-ally Thermal may be a bit large to take for lunch BUT it is one of my NEW favorites…actually it has made a comeback! Why you’ll love it: it is tote meets cooler in this fabulous water-resistant bag. With the Leak Lock® thermal lining which allows for ice to keep food and drinks cool, this is the perfect tote for family outings, picnics, camping, boating or any other outdoor activity. It will also keep things hot if you are headed out to a picnic or family gathering. The long handles let you carry it over your shoulder to free up your hands, and plenty of pocket space means that there’s a place for everything.
Do you have a favorite recipe? Share it with me and if we print it, you will receive a FREE gift from me as a thank you. You can send your recipes to me via email at email@example.com
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!