This YUMMY recipe came across my Facebook page some time ago. When the NEW Flamingo prints with Thirty One arrived this Spring (yes, it is Spring at Thirty One), it seemed the perfect time to share it…
Thank you Delish for today’s recipe….
If the name didn’t hook you, the hot pink, amazing-tasting cake itself will. But really, pink flamingo cake, how could anyone resist it?? This fun, fruity feast looks great and tastes even better! It gets the majority of its flavor and color from cherries, both maraschino cherries and cherry jello, with a touch of pineapple in the frosting to round out the overall flavor and bring a little more brightness to the dish.
Think of the fun everyone will have when they cut into the cake, thinking it will be an average vanilla or chocolate, BUT find a bright PINK interior. This is a nice, simple recipe anyone can tackle – even the kids! Flamingo cake could become one of YOUR summer go-tos.
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes to prepare Serves: 12-16
1 (15.25 oz.) package white cake mix
1 (3.5 oz.) cherry jello mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (16 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (8 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, halved, juices reserved
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cherry jello mix, vegetable oil, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla extract into white cake mix until just combined, then pour into greased baking dish.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place crushed pineapple, with juices, and halved cherries in a large bowl and sprinkle pudding mix on top.
- Fold in frozen whipped topping and 1/4 cup cherry juice until smooth and combined, adding more cherry juice, if desired.
- Frost (cooled) cake and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until set.
Take your flamingo cake on the road in Thirty One’s Perfect Party Set! The Perfect Party Set expands to hold two 9” x 13” casserole pans inside 2 interior water-resistant thermal compartments. Handle grips make it easy to carry, while the exterior zipper pocket can keep additional items like utensils, baking instructions and additional ingredients secure during transport. It’s the most convenient way to take your favorite casseroles, desserts, appetizers and more to your next family picnic, neighborhood cookout, celebration or camping trip!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to me and if I share it in my blog, you will receive a FREE gift!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day1