Today is another YUMMy recipe from Rachel at Wicked Good Spice Mixes Company. I love trying new recipes and her seasonings make it even easier. One bag instead of lots of spices all over the cabinet.
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Chick Peas (with liquid)
- 1 can diced tomato (with liquid)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Jewel in the Crown Garam Masala (Ingredients: cinnamon, ginger, cassia, bay leaf, cloves, chilis, cumin, corriander)
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- Mix all ingredients into a crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle with diced cilantro and serve!
Live in Brick? OR travel to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday from 9AM – 2PM. Be sure to stop by and sample some of the vinegars or spices at their table. If you can’t make it, check out these awesome products at these local stores.
502 Baking Company, 502 Brick Blvd, Brick, NJ 08724 (732) 477-4502
Berry Fresh Farms, 151 Brick Blvd, Brick NJ 08723 (732)477-0606
Cream Ridge Winery, 145 Route 539 (PO Box 98), Cream Ridge, NJ 08514 (609) 259-9797
Dearborn Farm Market, 2170 Rt 35, Holmdel, NJ 07733 (732)264-0256
Delicious Orchards, 320 Route 34, Colts Neck, NJ (732) 462-1989
New Egypt Marketplace, 53 Main Street, New Egypt, NJ 08533 (609) 458-7900
The Lusty Lobster, 88 Bay Ave. Highlands, NJ 07732 (732) 291-1548
Twin Ponds, Rt 9 Howell, NJ 07731