Today is Thankful Thursday. I know the rest of the social media world thinks of today as “Throwback Thursday” but today I want to be “thankful”.
I am thankful for:
- My Mom who loves me unconditionally
- Being a child of divorce
- My loving hubby
- Being a mom
- My guardian angels who always guide me
- A family who supports me despite my faults and bad decisions
- Mistakes I made in high school which changed my life
- Mistakes I made in college which shaped my future
- The variety of jobs as I looked for me
- The friends who have come for a season and those who have stayed
- My addiction
- My relapse and recovery
- My lack of confidence
- My business and its roller coaster journey
- My weightloss struggle
- My love of writing
- My passion for helping others
- My rocky walk with God
- My MS
- The rocky and winding road to find myself
- and al of the other good, bad and ugly parts of my life
My life has not been perfect, but today, I am deciding to view it through the lens of thankfulness and gratitude. For it is those things which have helped to shape me. It is those imperfections which have helped me to become the woman I am today. Some days those same things take me on a dark journey of negativity BUT today is NOT one of them.
TODAY, I am thankful for the struggles because without them I would not be able to make a difference in the life of someone else. I would not be able to be compassionate. I would not have the desire to make others smile.
TODAY, I am thankful for a loving God who not only has forgiven me for my mistakes but continues to guide me. I have faith and trust with Him, all things are possible.
So, what are you thankful for today? Share with us and let’s celebrate our imperfections together.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!