Thank you Wicked Good Spice Mixes for today’s recipe. Try their pineapple balsamic vinegar to make this easy appetizer. I love this and the peach vinegar on my salads!
- 1 pineapple, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 lb of thick cut bacon (Look for the nitrite and nitrate free bacon)
- 1/3 cup of Honey
- 2 tsp of Wicked Good Spice Mixes Pigs Can Fly
- 1/4 cup of Wicked Good Spice Mixes Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat your oven or grill to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easier cleanup.
- Cut up pineapple into bite size pieces and cut each bacon strip in half.
- Wrap each piece of pineapple with bacon strip and secure with a tooth pick.
- Put honey, Pigs Can fly and Pineapple vinegar in a food processor until blended.
- Separate into two bowls. (Put one bowl aside to brush on after bacon wrapped pineapple is cooked.)
- Dip a pastry brush in one bowl coat bacon wrapped pineapple.
- Bake or grill about 20 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Transfer to a platter and using a clean pastry brush, use reserved bowl of glaze to brush on cooked bacon wrapped pineapple and serve while warm.
Also works well with shrimp or scallops! Yum!
502 Baking Company, 502 Brick Blvd, Brick, NJ 08724 (732) 477-4502
Berry Fresh Farms, 151 Brick Blvd, Brick NJ 08723 (732)477-0606
Be sure to check their website for more locations on where you can find these AMAZING products.