Tasty Tuesday is courtesy of Jen at THE HAUTE MOMMY HANDBOOK. I LOVE oatmeal raisin cookies. Maybe it is because I can trick myself into believing they are healthy. I mean oatmeal is good for you, right? The funny thing is I can remember NEVER wanting to eat oatmeal as a child. In fact, I didn’t even put milk on my cereal. Who wants to eat soggy Frosted Flakes?
When I joined Weight Watchers many years ago, oatmeal was a staple on my shelf. I used to love to make Hungry Girl’s GIGANTIC Oatmeal Bowls for breakfast filled with any combination of apples, bananas, blueberries or cinnamon. I have even changed them up since I am gluten free and dairy free………they are still YUMMY!
I am still working on making these bites gluten free. Despite many attempts, I can’t seem to get the almond flour right. I feel like I should be using less. Who is a pro at “alternate” flours, I would love some input.
1/2 cup + 6 Tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Beat eggs and vanilla in separate bowl, then add to large bowl. Beat all wet ingredients well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Add oats and raisins. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and fork inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets, then move to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen of bite size cookies. They don’t spread when baking.
If anyone makes a batch and needs a taste tester, I’m available!!!
Why not make a batch and “boo” someone? Grab one of Thirty One’s Little Carry Alls, fill it with yummy treats and leave it for a friend as a surprise. These are the perfect solution for organizing the little things in your life. From office supplies to eating utensils and cosmetics, this caddy helps keep your life in order by keeping everything right at your fingertips. Great for gifts, small toys, crafts, office desks, candy and seasonal home décor.