I am all about the Nachos but tend to stay away from them since they are usually REALLY high in points. Here is a yummy recipe from Hungry Girl I am going to make on my next football watching Sunday..
1/4th of recipe (6 loaded nachos): 152 calories, 4.5g total fat (2g sat fat), 299mg sodium, 10.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 6g sugars, 17g protein. Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 40 minutes MAKES 4 SERVINGS
8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. salt
Dash black pepper
12 sweet mini bell peppers (each about 2 1/2 inches long)
1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped jalapeño pepper
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken on the center of the foil, and sprinkle with seasonings. Cover with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice off and discard the stem ends of the bell peppers. Remove and discard seeds. Slice peppers in half lengthwise.
- Remove foil pack from the sheet, and spray sheet with nonstick spray. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Lay pepper halves on the sheet, cut sides down. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip bell pepper halves. Bake until soft, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut foil packet to release hot steam before opening entirely. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Shred with two forks.
- Thoroughly blot excess moisture from bell pepper halves. Arrange them on the center of the sheet. Top with shredded chicken, beans, and cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, jalapeño, and cilantro.
Want to take this yummy treat to your next tailgating party? Try Thirty One’s Perfect Party Set…The Perfect Party Set expands to hold two 9” x 13” casserole pans inside 2 interior water-resistant thermal compartments. Handle grips make it easy to carry, while the exterior zipper pocket can keep additional items like utensils, baking instructions and additional ingredients secure during transport. It’s the most convenient way to take your favorite casseroles, desserts, appetizers and more to your next family picnic, neighborhood cookout, celebration or camping trip!
Hope you have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
This simple and delicious Keto Pizza Bake will win over your pizza loving family!
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 4
- 3 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 12 tbsp. Low carb Marinara sauce
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese (for WW use part skim cheese)
- 24 Pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the three chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create 6 pieces of chicken.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoon of garlic powder evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Add ½ teaspoon of basil to each side of the chicken breasts.
- Apply salt and pepper to taste to each side of the chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet has come to temperature, add the chicken breasts. Sear them for 1-2 minutes on each side without moving, so that they get some good color.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a casserole dish or other baking pan with high sides.
- Cover each piece of chicken breast with two tablespoons of a low carb marinara sauce. You can substitute this with any other low carb pasta or pizza sauce of your choosing, just make sure that sugar is not in the ingredients.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over top of the chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with four slices of pepperoni.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes or until the toppings have browned, and the chicken is cooked through.
Have leftovers? Why not take them to work with you the next day? Why not try Thirty One’s NEW Lunch Break Thermal Ltd? I know the LunchBreak Thermal is NOT new but this style is…. You can elevate your style with one of our popular lunch thermals in sophisticated fabrics and finishes. Perfectly sized and styled for packing lunch and snacks for work or travel, our roomy insulated cooler bag has a water-resistant thermal lining, zipper closure, extended handle for ease of carrying and chic cotton fabrics. I love the feather personalization because it reminds me of angel wings…. What would your lunch tote say?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
This healthy, gluten-free recipe is a one-pot wonder which comes together in a snap! Skip the sour crean and it becomes a great vegan option.
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded
- 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 3” (7.5-cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can (15 oz/425 g) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz/411 g) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) Tex-Mex Rub
- ¼ cup (50 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- Diced avocado, sour cream and lime wedges (optional)
- Combine the quinoa and broth in the Deep Covered Baker. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bell pepper into quarters and the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using the Quick Slice, cut the bell pepper (skin-side up) into strips. Slice the zucchini halves crosswise.
- Remove the baker from the microwave. Stir in the vegetables, garlic pressed with the Garlic Press, beans, tomatoes with juice, and rub.
- Microwave, covered, for 8–10 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed the liquid.
- Remove the baker from the microwave and let it stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Snip cilantro in a small bowl with the Professional Shears.
- To serve, sprinkle the quinoa with cilantro and top each serving with avocado and sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 5 servings of 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 230, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 660 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 9 g, Sugars 8 g, Protein 11 g
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder and 1 tsp (5 mL) of ground cumin can be substituted for Tex-Mex Rub.
- To make this recipe on the stovetop, increase vegetable broth to 1½ cups (375 mL). Combine the quinoa and broth in Rockcrok® Dutch Oven and cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes. Continue as directed in steps 2 and 3. In step 4, bring to a simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed the liquid. Let it stand 5 minutes. Continue as directed.
Want more recipes to help you change up boring dinners? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn free and discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Hungry Girl for this yummy recipe…
Nutrition Info: 207 calories, 4g total fat (<0.5g sat fat), 247mg sodium, 35.5g carbs, 7g fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 4*
Prep: 5 minutes Chill: 6 hours MAKES 1 SERVING
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (I use gluten free)
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
2 packets no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia), or more to taste
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, or more for topping
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Optional topping: fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- In a medium jar or bowl, combine coffee granules with 1/4 cup hot water. Stir to dissolve.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, until oats are soft and have absorbed most of the liquid.
Do you head out to work early? Or maybe you can’t eat breakfast first thing in the morning. That’s me!!! When I am headed out for an event or to help out at my old JOB, I pack this yumminess for a mid day snack. What better what to carry it then in a Thirty One thermal….
The Multi Bottle Thermal isn’t just a baby bottle cooler bag, it makes a great lunch tote or snack bag too. Two of them fit perfectly into our ZOUT creating an ideal daycare solution! Adjustable shoulder strap makes carrying easy. I put my favorite Fall personalization on it too…Here are some of the awesome features:
- Two exterior zipper compartments
- Top non-thermal storage compartment
- Large thermal storage compartment
- Holds up to six standard-sized baby bottles
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- 10.75″H x 7″L, x 6” D
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Theresa Viehmeyer from Lilla Rose for today’s yummy recipe…. Yes, we are coming into the season of all things pumpkin…
2 1/2 C White Chocolate (either chips or broken into pieces) divided
3/4 C Vanilla Wafer Crumbs (See instructions may double amount)
1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
6 ounces Cream Cheese
1/4 C Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Take 1/2 C of the White Chocolate and melt
- While chocolate is melting (careful it burns easy) mix crumbs, puree, cream cheese, sugar and spices – I found it easiest to use a Food Processor but if you need to a hand mixer or blender should work
- Add melted white chocolate to already mixed ingredients and blend again – let it go in the processor for a while. It take about 2-3 minutes for everything to combine well for the balls. TASTE. If you need more sugar add it.
- Place mix into a bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (can be longer but then cover)
- Place wax paper on a cookie sheet
- Take out chilled dough and begin making balls by rolling (about) 1 heaping spoonful at a time
- Melt remaining white chocolate
- Dip balls into white chocolate and refrigerate to set.
- Store in fridge and serve when chilled
#1 – if dough is still “mushy” freeze for 15-30 minutes. You have to work fast and make the balls. I refrigerate the balls again before dipping in chocolate
#2 – if you don’t like the consistancy of balls at 3/4 C wafer crumbs add more wafer crumbs up to 1 1/2 C total of crumbs
Thank you Theresa for this yummy easy recipe. Check out this video about Lilla Rose and their uniquely awesome hair accessories. Be sure to shape with Theresa on her website by clicking HERE!