Today is another YUMMy recipe from Rachel at Wicked Good Spice Mixes Company. I love trying new recipes and her seasonings make it even easier. One bag instead of lots of spices all over the cabinet.
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Chick Peas (with liquid)
- 1 can diced tomato (with liquid)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Jewel in the Crown Garam Masala (Ingredients: cinnamon, ginger, cassia, bay leaf, cloves, chilis, cumin, corriander)
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- Mix all ingredients into a crockpot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle with diced cilantro and serve!
*For added heat, try adding diced jalepenos or dried hot pepper flakes. You can also add additional Garam Masala right before serving for some added flair!
Rachel started this company to show people how easy, healthy and fun it can be to make a delicious meal at home! Rachel always thought the hardest thing about cooking is how much of this spice and how much of spice you should add. So go ahead and throw all of those spices you use infrequently and start using our spice blends! They are fresh and economical! Our blends are perfectly formulated to use for just about everything you like to cook.
Live in Brick? OR travel to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday from 9AM – 2PM. Be sure to stop by and sample some of the vinegars or spices at their table. If you can’t make it, check out these awesome products at these local stores.
502 Baking Company, 502 Brick Blvd, Brick, NJ 08724 (732) 477-4502
Berry Fresh Farms, 151 Brick Blvd, Brick NJ 08723 (732)477-0606
Cream Ridge Winery, 145 Route 539 (PO Box 98), Cream Ridge, NJ 08514 (609) 259-9797
Dearborn Farm Market, 2170 Rt 35, Holmdel, NJ 07733 (732)264-0256
Delicious Orchards, 320 Route 34, Colts Neck, NJ (732) 462-1989
New Egypt Marketplace, 53 Main Street, New Egypt, NJ 08533 (609) 458-7900
The Lusty Lobster, 88 Bay Ave. Highlands, NJ 07732 (732) 291-1548
Twin Ponds, Rt 9 Howell, NJ 07731
Have a great recipe you want to share? We would love to feature YOU (and your business)! If you try this, let us know what you think…
Thank you to “The Staten Island Family” for today’s recipe. These yummy muffins are only TWO points on the Weight Watchers (WW) program. You are definitely going to want to give them a try. I’m still working on a gluten free version. I need to find a Kodiak-like mix which is gluten free. If anyone knows of one, please let me know!
Despite the newest health struggle and the restriction AGAIN to more things, I am trying to stick with my points. My goal is to get back to Weight Watchers soon (maybe by mid-June).
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Protein packed whole grain buttermilk flapjack and waffle mix 19 Points
- 1⁄4 tsp table salt 0 Points
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder 0 Points
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon 0 Points
- 1⁄4 cup Sugar-free syrup, maple flavor 1 Point
- 3 eggs 0 Points
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk 1 Points
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 0 Points
- 5 sprays Cooking spray 0 Points
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour batter evenly into the 12 muffin cup tins
- Bake for 17 minutes.
Once they are all done, you can freeze them individually for a quick easy on the go breakfast. Just take them out the night before OR zap them in the microwave to warm them up. You can drop one in ThirtyOne’s Cool Zip Snacker and take with you as you head out the drop. These are food safe and reusable. This cute thermal pouch has a zipper top and adorable critter design! Choose from our fun Pink Flamingo, snappy Crabby Claws or magical Mermaid Tail, plus our popular Shark and Unicorn! Snack in style all season long. They will only be available till the end of the month so be sure to grab yours NOW!
Let us know how you like the recipe. AND if you have a favorite recipe you want to share, if we use in our blog……….YOU will receive some FREE happy mail from ME! Share as many as you want, as often as you want.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Today’s recipe is from Patti Watson at Pampered Chef. This is a classic breakfast ring which is a great option for a busy morning OR why not surprise mom on Mother’s Day!
- 11 eggs, divided
- ¼ cup (50 mL) half & half
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 green onions
- 1 pkg (9.6 oz./272 g) fully cooked breakfast sausage (12 links)
- 2 cups (6 oz./175 g) colby jack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 2 pkgs (8 oz./250 g each) crescent rolls
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). In the Classic Batter Bowl, whisk 10 of the eggs with the half & half, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters. Process the bell peppers and onions in batches in the Manual Food Processor until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to the bowl. Process the sausage until finely chopped and add to the bowl.
- Microwave the mixture, uncovered, on HIGH for 6 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir to break up the eggs. Microwave for 3 minutes, then stir. Microwave for 2 minutes, then stir. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater to grate the cheese; set aside. Use the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush to brush oil onto the White Large Round Stone.
- Separate the rolls into 16 triangles. Arrange the triangles on the stone with the wide ends in the center, slightly overlapping. There should be a 5″ (13-cm) opening in the center. The narrow ends of the dough will extend beyond the edge of the stone.
- Use the Baker’s Roller® to flatten the wide ends of the dough. Place the egg mixture over the wider sides of the dough in a circle. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs.
- Pull the narrow ends of the dough over the filling and tuck the points under the dough to form a ring.
- Separate the remaining egg and add ½ tsp (2 mL) of water to the yolk; mix. Use the basting brush to brush the top of the ring with egg wash. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Use the Pizza & Crust Cutter to chop the parsley and sprinkle on top of the ring.
Nutrients per serving: U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 12 g