As we close the month of February, I want to share one last thing in honor of International Boost Your Self-Esteem Month!
Remember you deserve to be happy, truly happy with a joy which comes from within. Believe in yourself just as others believe in you. See yourself through their eyes. You are AWESOME. Feel it. Believe it. And know you deserve it.
I don’t know about you BUT I struggle with self-esteem – from the comparison game in my business to still seeing the 295 pound me instead of the new 175 pound me. I practice visualizing, where you want to be every day, then take the steps to make it a reality. It isn’t easy but I am determined to reach my goals even though they scare the HELL out of me!
Someone suggested I write a letter to the future me so I could see how far I have come. It also helped me to visualize the future and how it feels to reach my goals. Have you ever written a letter to future you? Why not try it? Make sure it contains positive affirmation of the goals you want to achieve. Remember, the Law of Attraction?
Here is my letter to Hope 2.0 telling her how proud I was of all she has accomplished in her life:
Dear Hope 2.0:
I am so proud of all you have accomplished in the last 5 years:
- Your office is organized. I am glad you finally have a part-time assistant to help with the busy work. The family room looks AMAZING. I know your team loves hanging out with you and learning all of your great business tips.
- Where did you say your last cruise went to? WOW! I know hubby loves the fact you can take a vacation every year and you treat. What a great way to say thank you to him for taking care of you every day. Of course, those mini getaways are nice too. You can never have enough of them.
- Your team has grown by over 100 girls. Having hubby there when they celebrated your accomplishments on stage was the best part. I know you cried because he never wanted to enter the pink bubble but he was so proud of you. He finally sees your business as a business and the impact you are having on others.
- Your calendar is always full. Your hostesses are scheduling their next party so they never miss out on getting on your calendar
- Your Annual Hostess Appreciation party has become the talk of the town. In 5 years, it is the must attend end of the year event
- The many charities you have helped with your seasonal events for kids and families are a blessing. Don’t forget the multiple fundraisers you hold every month. Not only are you helping organizations find discretionary money but you are also helping people who are struggling. You never forget where you came from – a homeless, addict who just wanted to please everyone. By remembering, you are able to encourage others
- You have inspired so many on your team to reach for their dreams, to overcome their inner gremlins and as a result their lives are changed forever
- Your willingness to share your office systems, your party ideas, presentations and even allow consultants to tag along with you whether they are on your team or not is a great example of a leader.
I want you to remember success is always within your reach. There will be struggles but it simply means there are lessons to be learned. Your journey is yours alone but others can learn from it. Comparison is not in the plan.
I am not there yet BUT I am on the road to being Hope 2.0. I am not waiting for “when” or “if”, I am claiming the blessings NOW. I have seen things change in my business since I did this exercise – thank you Eryka. Give it a chance, what have you got to loose. You deserve to have all of the blessings waiting for you. I can’t wait to celebrate your successes.
What about you? What would your letter look like? Share your thoughts with us…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!