Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Hungry Girl for another YUMMY recipe. I LOVE this one.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS: 1/4th of recipe (about 2 cups): 323 calories, 4g total fat (<0.5g sat fat), 788mg sodium, 59g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 18.5g sugars, 12.5g protein. SmartPoints® value 8*
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 6 cups frozen stir-fry veggies
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup all-natural thick teriyaki marinade or sauce (like the kind by Annie Chun’s)
- In a medium pot, combine quinoa, 1/2 tbsp. garlic, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until water has been absorbed and quinoa is fully cooked. Transfer to a large bowl, and cover to keep warm.
- Bring a very large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp. garlic, stir-fry veggies, broccoli, and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook until veggies have mostly softened, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Uncover, and cook and stir until excess liquid has evaporated and veggies are fully softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce and cooked quinoa and mix well. Cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute. Serve up and enjoy!
Have leftovers? What better what to take them to work the next day then in a Thirty One Thermal? Did you know they are on special in June? 50% off any thermal with a $35 purchase. The Go-To Thermal is great for kids (and messy adults)….
It can be yours for $9 with a $35 purchase. Get a jump on the back to school sales. Grab a gift for an upcoming wedding, anniversary or birthday.
Remember to share your favorite recipe with us…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Another milestone….. yes, believe it or not, today is my 60th birthday! Do I feel 60? Nope! Okay, well some days. Today is going to be a day of reflection and probably some tears. I am blessed to celebrate waking up this morning. No matter what the day may bring, I know it will be WONDERFUL! I’m determined to be positive and make the most of it. I’m excited I get to spend the day with my mom.
Birthdays are milestones in our lives. As children, they are a day (or sometimes a week or even a month) where the focus is on us. Filled with presents, parties, family, friends and of course cake and ice cream. As the years go by, life “happens” and things change.
The past year has been filled with ups and downs. Ongoing health challenges, giving up my JOB to work my business full-time, more memory loss and most recently the loss of my dad. Through it all I believe every day is a gift from God with a blessing to be found.
Truth be told for many years “birthdays” were just another day when low self-esteem and lack of confidence and those nasty inner gremlins made me feel like I didn’t deserve a celebration. I have always been great at giving but I’m not very good at receiving. Today, I am looking at them a little differently – have I grown up? Don’t count on it! My dad was all about living life to the fullest and his passing is probably one of the reasons why TODAY is the day I stop saying “it is just another day”. Today is a gift from God to be able to spend another day with family and friends. The celebration doesn’t need to be big, it doesn’t need to have lots of presents (maybe just one or two)
As a child, one of my favorite celebrations was the annual trip to New York City to see the Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey Circus. This annual tradition was a treat from Edythe and Elsie. It included the circus and dinner in NY. I always felt so grown up! Both of them are now our guardians angels in heaven and the circus performed for the last time last month.
I have to admit the tears are starting to flow, tears of joy mixed with some sadness:
- I grateful for my daughter, Belinda. She has grown into an AMAZING woman who I am proud to call my friend. Life was not always easy but she turned adversity into a learning lesson. God could not have given me a greater gift then to be her mom.
- To my mom….thank you for always being there. We are not just mother and daughter, but we are friends. The miles may separate us but I know you are only a phone call away or a short drive to Mays Landing. You are always one of my biggest cheerleaders.
- To my dad….who is now watching over me from heaven. It was a rough year but through it all, you encouraged and supported me. You taught me to embrace life, living it to the fullest every day and to chose JOY, even on a bad day so everything will be okay. I miss you daddy!
- To my bestie, Stephanie. Who would have thought when our daughters met in pre-school, became best friends – we would be besties? I am so blessed to have you in my life. We have been through good times and bad but through it all, we were there to support and encourage each other.
- To my Thirty One family. An amazing group of women who have loved and supported me in my darkest days. My team is AWESOME and they inspire me daily. My hostesses and customers are so much more than just “orders”, building friendships with many of them. They all hold a special place in my heart. It is with their help and support I am able to work my business full-time.
- Lastly, to my hubby (who probably won’t read this)…who is my ROCK! I know I am not the easiest to live with (imagine that?) but you are always there, standing strong and supporting me. Your support and encouragement in my Thirty One “business” gives me the confidence to step out of my comfort zone. Thank you for being one of my greatest cheerleaders.
There are many more people I could (and probably should) thank or talk about from this year. It has been an AMAZING journey for me and I am looking forward to the blessings God has for me in this new year. I can’t believe I am actually 60 years old – okay, so it is only a number, right?
Hope you have ThirtyOne-derful day!
If you are in Jersey, it seems like the dreary days of April are continuing into May but it won’t be long and we will be able to enjoy the wonderful Spring weather….
May is an AMAZING month for so many reasons. In our house, it is celebration time. First my birthday, then Mother’s Day and we wind up the month with our wedding anniversary.
Things are happening at Thirty One, too! Our top selling product with over 10 million pieces sold (yes, you read it right!) is on sale. This versatile product has so many uses, you will need more than just one. I think we have about 10 in our house and yes, they are all in use during the course of a week.
#1 – Could you use some extra money? Maybe you could pay off some bills? Or pay for the kids summer activities? Maybe you just need some girl time? Maybe you are looking for a career change? Whatever your reason, I would love to help you reach your dream…For just $99, you get over $350 in FREE product. You get to pick your print option to fit your mood or color palette. PLUS with $600 in orders, every month for the first 4 months, you get to pick ONE of these AWESOME bundles. That is an additional $600 in FREE product during your first 4 months in our StartSwell program.
#2 – Not sure about starting a business…. how about hosting a girls get together? When was the last time you hung out with the girls without the kids? Need a break from the craziness of life? You supply the friends and I will do all of the work….
For just $200 in orders, YOU can have a qualified party. Did you know only 6 orders of $35 will get you a $200 party? I offer home, catalog/online, drinks at a local restaurant and 31-minute Facebook LIVE parties. Which one will fit into YOUR busy schedule
With a $600 party, you get this AMAZING hostess special for just $30… The pillow alone is worth $50. Something for everyone during this gift giving season.
#3 – So maybe you just LOVE to shop? Don’t need any extra money. Don’t like to hang out with the girls. BUT you do love a good deal…
So here is the AMAZING Thirty One Customer Special for May – you know the one which sold over 10 million pieces since it was introduced. DRUM ROLL!!!!
The Large utility tote is just $10 with a $35 purchase. OR the Stand Tall Insert for $15. Get both of them for $50 (a $90 value).
Did you notice the “new icons” in the flyer? Well, here they are:
What is even more exciting is Home Office listed to us AND you can get the icon without the word HERO so you can pick your personalization. I can’t wait to get one for some special people in my life.
So, to sum things up…there are THREE opportunities with Thirty One this summer:
Which opportunity is for you? Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
How many times have you gone to a friends house for dinner and taken a bottle of wine? Okay, I will admit I am the bearer of wine ALWAYS at my best friend’s house. The truth is the gift of a bottle of wine can be so much more.
Wine is the perfect gift when having dinner with friends. It is a great housewarming gift. A special anniversary gift for friends or family. Whatever the occasion, buying a bottle of wine for someone else it not as easy as it sounds. Buying a bottle of wine for a gift is a different shopping experience. Do you make your decision based on the label descriptions, expert recommendations, selecting a bottle you once enjoyed or as a last resort (and not always the best) by the appeal of the packaging.
Whatever your method, the gift of wine is always welcomed but selecting the ‘right’ wine for the occasion can be a challenge. Whatever the occasion is a Christmas present, a birthday gift or a hostess thank you gift, there is a wonderful world of wines waiting to be discovered.
Here are some great tips to make it a little easier on yourself:
#1 Memories of a Special Trip – Wines bring the world to the dinner table. Pick a wine from a country the recipient has visited or longs to visit. This could bring back memories of a trip, but it is also an opportunity to re-tell adventures or to share their dream of traveling to lands far away.
#2 Milestone Years – For graduate, a bottle from the year they started their diploma or degree is a fun way to mark a milestone. A bottle of red wine is a better choice than a white wine as reds generally age better over time.
#3 – Wines to Grow Old With – This theme is ideal for a wedding gift, selecting wines from the year the couple first met, accompanied by a note suggesting a particular anniversary they could save it for.
#4 Past, Present and Future – Someone making a big change in their life? Moving to a new city? A new career? Celebrate with three bottles of wine or perhaps a red, white and a sparkling wine. Mark each as Past, Present and Future suggesting they can remember the past, consider the present and look forward with anticipation to what the future may hold when enjoying each bottle.
Did you know red wines tend to age better than whites? Select a wine in a dark bottle. The colour of the bottle defracts the light and protects the wine. Wines in clear bottles are intended to be consumed immediately. Hmm, I am a definite white wine (Moscato) drinker. Light can dramatically alter the taste of the wine. A dark bottle is a quick indicator the winemaker intends for the wine to age for a few years.
Splurge on a bottle of something different or special to mark an occasion. A sparkling wine always suggests a celebration. A port or icewine is the perfect ending to a perfect evening.
Add a personal touch to your wine selection by writing a message on each bottle mentioning the reason for choosing the wine, suggest an occasion to enjoy the wine or provide tasting notes and food pairing suggestions.
Packaged in a gift bag, box or basket, giving the gift of wine is as much fun creating the gift as it is receiving it.
Reusable wine totes, like Thirty One’s Picnic Thermal or Gather Together Bag, are definitely handy when it comes to safely and easily carrying bottles of wine, but they deliver more than just wine; they let the gift keep on giving. It gives the receiver an opportunity to remember you each time they use the reusable bag.
By picking a bag to compliment the gift of a bottle of wine, the receiver knows some thought went into the gift. How often have you received a bottle of wine and for a moment thought it was a “quick, non-thoughful gesture” by the giver.
The truth is the gift of a bottle of wine can be a thoughtful gift when you share more than just the bottle. Tell a story, trigger a memory, share a dream… let the receiver know how much you mean to them.
Who will receive a bottle of wine on YOU shopping list? Need some help check #Momsandwine
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!