I wish I could remember where I saw or got this recipe from so I could give them credit! It is so YUMMY! I’m wondering how it would work in the crock pot, so I might just give it a try. We have an insta pot too but I have never used it. Is this a recipe you could do in it? What do you think?
3 chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 cups green cabbage, shredded
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 cup water
1 tablespoon Soy sauce, low sodium (I use gluten free)
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Add chicken strips and stir fry over medium-high heat, turning constantly until done.
4. Add cabbage and sauté 2 minutes until cabbage is crisp-tender.
5. Mix cornstarch and seasonings; add water and soy sauce, and mix until smooth.
6. Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
7. Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
• Add bell peppers or carrots for color.
• Try with broccoli.
Got leftovers? We always do since I can’t seem to get the hang of cooking for just two people. You would think I was from a BIG family. LOL.
Grab a Lunch Break Thermal from Thirty One before they are gone! Yes, this AWESOME thermals are being retired at the end of the month. The Lunch Break Thermal is the stylish way to take your lunch to work or wherever you and your family go. Great for school, the pool, sporting events, day trips, flights and dozens of other places. Extended handles allow you to tote this cooler bag over your shoulder so you can stay hands-free. An interior thermal lining keeps your food cool or warm, while an exterior pocket gives you a useful place to put your cell phone, keys or wallet. Makes a great gift for teachers, neighbors, friends and anyone else who loves to lunch!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Hungry Girl for another AWESOME recipe. I am such a soup girl when the weather gets cold. I usually need to be warmed up AND it is so easy to heat and make when dinner is just me while hubby is at work. I like to create my own “concoctions” with things I have on hand so trying new recipes is always fun. Hungry Girl helps us to spice up our life with a bowlful of this hearty soup! Flavor, fiber, and all that protein — poultry power!!
1/10th of recipe (about 1 cup): 163 calories, 1.5g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 654mg sodium, 18.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 18.5g protein. MAKES 10 SERVINGS. Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
2 – 14.5-oz. cans (about 3 1/2 cups) fat-free chicken broth
15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
14.75-oz. can cream-style corn
1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
1 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 onion)
2 tbsp. chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (about 2 peppers)
1/2 cup plain light soymilk
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a slow cooker, combine broth, beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, chipotle peppers, soymilk, garlic, and cumin. Stir well.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and place in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or on low for 7 – 8 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Shred with two forks — one to hold chicken in place and the other to scrape across the meat and shred.
- Stir shredded chicken into the soup in the slow cooker. Stir in potato flakes, sour cream, and cilantro. Enjoy!
NOTE: HG Alternative! Skip the chipotle peppers for a deliciously mild chicken chowder. Although I LOVE spicy, I will probably skip the peppers this time around.
This is an AWESOME hearty lunch on those chilly days…..What’s the perfect way to take your lunch to work? That’s right – one of Thirty One’s thermal totes is the correct answer. The Around the Clock Thermal is one of our most versatile thermal totes. It is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, pool, beach, golf course, boating or sporting events. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes cleanup easier. If you need a visual for size – think a six-pack of soda! Yes, it will fit in it and still have some room at the top for some more snacks. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including as a crossbody for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids, teachers and everyone else on the go!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
This YUMMy recipe is from MoscatoMom. This delicious and filling Chicken Tortilla Soup is ready in just 30 minutes but tastes like it has been cooking all day! Perfect for cold nights this winter!
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
1 cup carrot matchsticks
1 small bell pepper diced
1 cup mild salsa
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon – Roasted Chicken Flavor
4 cups water
5 corn tortillas cut in to strips
1 package liquid fajita seasoning
1 rotisserie chicken
- In a large pot begin by sauteeing carrots and bell pepper in olive oil until soft.
- Add in salsa, Better Than Bouillon and water and bring to a boil.
- Add in liquid fajita seasoning and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- While that boils, cut tortillas into strips and shred chicken.
- Add tortillas to soup and stir until tortillas begin to dissolve.
- Add in shredded chicken and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with your favorites – sour cream, avocado, and cheese!
This is a great tailgating meal…Okay so it may not be in a crock pot BUT it doesn’t mean you can’t put it in one. The best way to transport your crock pot or food to a tailgating party is in a Thirty One Market Thermal! The Fresh Market Thermal is a stylish, portable thermal large enough to hold two 9″x13″ casserole dishes (and a crock pot). A must-have for family picnics, tailgating, trips to the beach, days on the boat, potlucks, grocery shopping or weekend camping. Its water-resistant Leak Lock thermal lining means you can add ice to this cooler bag to keep food and drinks cold. Need more room? The sides unsnap and expand to give you more space inside. Long handles allow you to carry it over your shoulder when you need to be hands-free. The Fresh Market Thermal also features a zipper closure for securing contents and an exterior front pocket to hold other important items.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!