Check out this YUMMY and very simple Weight Watchers dessert. Believe it or not, even the people not doing WW (formerly Weight Watchers) love it.
Just a few simply ingredients and you have a yummy dessert for any party. Bet you might even have all of the supplies in your pantry already….
- 121 Box Reduced Fat Graham Crackers
- 2- 3 oz boxes sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 4 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 container fat-free cool whip
- 1 -3 oz box sugar-free instant chocolate pudding
- Mix vanilla pudding with 3 cups of milk as per directions.
- Stir in 1 cool whip.
- Place 1 package of graham crackers in the bottom of 13 x9 pan.
- Top with half of the pudding, more Grahams, rest of pudding.
- Top with last of Grahams.
- Mix chocolate pudding with 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Spread on top of graham crackers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories – 48; Sodium – 61mg; Fat – 0.53g; Protein – 3g; Carbs – 7g; Fiber – 1.0g
Headed for a pool party? Want to take this to a family BBQ? Pack it up in a Thirty One Family Picnic Thermal. Make the most of the picnic season with this structured and spacious thermal. The Family Picnic Thermal’s Leak Lock® lining means you can add ice to this cooler bag to keep food and drinks cold. The frame around the top opening allows for easy access to food and drinks and even lets you turn this tote into a beverage bucket. Bring it with you to family gatherings, tailgates, trips to the beach, days on the boat, potlucks or camping. The hard bottom adds stability, and the exterior zipper pocket can hold utensils, napkins, sunscreen or other small items.
Share your favorite recipe with us and receive some “happy mail” from me! If you try one of our recipes, let us know what you think….
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Today’s recipe is from Susan Popok of Traveling Vineyards. These yummy cupcakes will pair perfectly, I’m sure with one of their wines…Great for that upcoming party or barbecue.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 ½-4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine cake mix, eggs, olive oil, and chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- Bake according to package directions in lined mini muffin tins. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in ½ cup red wine, until dissolved.
- Allow to simmer until reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon. This will yield a few tablespoons of red wine syrup.
- Combine powdered sugar and butter until fluffy, using a hand mixer. Slowly add the wine syrup and blend to combine.
- Using a piping bag or plastic storage bag, frost the cupcakes.
So what happens at a Traveling Vineyard Wine Tasting?
Susan, your Sommelier, will bring 5 FREE bottles of wine, worth approximately $100 to the party. You and your friends will get to try the wine before you buy it! This is a great idea because I don’t know about you BUT I am pretty fussy about my wine. You will get to enjoy perfectly crafted food pairings selected by your Sommelier and then provided by the host to enhance the experience. Not just the “wine and cheese” kind of thing either. Chocolate and wine. Fruit and wine. You will also learn basic wine education in addition to playing fun games. Lastly, your guests will learn many solutions for their wine needs! We have a wine for everyone, every occasion, and every moment you can think of. So, who is ready for a girl’s night out while you sample some amazing wines? Be sure to connect with Susan to set the date…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Celebrating Sweets for today’s recipe…
I will admit, I haven’t made them YET! I have never been much of a baker, I always left it up to everyone else. It was something Belinda liked to do especially during the holidays. This recipe actually doesn’t seem too hard. I LOVE almond cookies BUT was never a huge fan of coconut until recently. The whole gluten free thing got me to try it and I actually liked it!
This recipe is courtesy of the author of “Simply Gluten Free Desserts” Caral Kicinski:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plus1 tablespoon coconut oil melted (not hot)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional for drizzling)
In a large bowl whisk almond flour, coconut, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar until no lumps remain.
In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk eggs for 1 full minute. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract and stir to combine. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Stir until thoroughly combined; use your hands if necessary. Tightly cover and place in the back of your fridge (where it’s really cold) for 2 hours or up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners. Roll or scoop the dough into 2 tablespoon portions (about golf ball size) and place them a couple inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press down on each ball of dough to flatten (they will spread very little when baking). Bake for about 9 minutes, until the edges are just beginning to turn golden brown. Place the baking sheets on wire racks to cool completely.
OPTIONAL CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
Melt chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Drizzle the top of the cookies with melted chocolate (I put the melted chocolate in a plastic bag and snipped the corner for easy drizzling). Allow the chocolate to firm up at room temperature or speed it along by placing the cookies in the fridge.
This may sound CRAZY but if you want to take some of these with you in your purse as you are running errands, why not use a mini zipper pouch or a cute case to keep your cookies safe.
The Cute Case is the perfect little storage solution for jewelry, change, hair accessories, push pins, paper clips, gift cards, business cards, and countless other items. Keep it on your dresser, in a drawer, in the office or in the bathroom at home to keep things tidy and together, or pop it in your purse, backpack, travel bag or car when you’re on the go!
The Mini Zipper Pouch is a great carryall for all those loose little items in need of a place. Featuring a zipper closure, the Mini Zipper Pouch was designed to accessorize many of our other larger totes, thermals, backpacks and purses, it’s perfect size to keep smaller items secure, such as cash, change, lip stick, IDs, gift cards, small snacks, gum, mints and receipts.
Remember to send me your recipe for a chance to receive a FREE ThirtyOne product.
Hae a ThirtyOne-derful day!
I LOVE S’more! I remember sitting at my best friend’s house in the summer, letting the kids make s’mores in the fire pit. Of course, they were also a favorite treat when we were camping when I was a kid.
Being a Weight Watcher, I would love to have them more often but the problem is I can’t stop at just one. One turns to two and then two… you see where I am going with this, right?
I was so excited to see this recipe from Hungry Girl – not only is it low in points (calories) but I can make then any time at HOME! You can bet I will be stocking up on the ingredients…
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 15 minutes MAKES 6 SERVINGS
1/6th of recipe (1 mini pie): 149 calories, 6g total fat (2g sat fat), 128mg sodium, 20.5g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 8g sugars, 3.5g protein. SmartPoints® value 6*
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp. powdered peanut butter
2 packets no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
2 graham crackers (1/2 sheet), finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 6 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- To make the crust, pulse oats to the consistency of coarse flour in a small blender/food processor.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter for 20 seconds, or until melted.
- In a large bowl, combine ground oats, melted butter, and remaining crust ingredients. Mix until uniform with the consistency of wet sand.
- Evenly distribute mixture among the 6 cups of the muffin pan, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crusts. Press it into the edges and up along the sides.
- Bake until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and set oven to broil.
- Evenly distribute 1 tbsp. chocolate chips among the crusts (1 tsp. per crust). Top with marshmallows and remaining 1 tbsp. chocolate chips.
- Cook until marshmallows have melted and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.
Want the perfect way to travel with your S’more supplies? Try the Perfect Party Set. An entertaining wonder! This thermal keeps your food warm or cool on your way to the party, with two compartments sized to fit 9” x 13” pans. Approx. 6″H x 16.25″L x 10.25″D (expanded)
Hope you have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
I LOVE this Weight Watchers Recipe when I am craving something sweet without using ALL of my points. Let’s make some before the HOT summer weather comes or you can make it and put it in the refrigerator.
Rich and delicious, and so easy to prepare. One square is all you need to satisfy a sweet tooth. It is 3 PointsPlus Value for 1 cube.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 5 min Serves: 36
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1 2/3 cup(s) sugar
2/3 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
2 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, or light butter
12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
14 large marshmallow(s)
- Coat an 8- X 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, evaporated milk and margarine (or butter); bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate and marshmallows; remove pan from heat and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into thirty-six 1 1/3-inch squares and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
- Store fudge in refrigerator. Or freeze for a firmer consistency.
Headed out and about? Want to carry a treat with you? Use the NEW Cool Clip Thermal Pouch from Thirty One.
This clip on thermal is ideal for carrying snacks. It easily attaches to a backpack, bag or tote. Also works well to hold medicine, sunscreen, makeup or small electronics. Approx. 8”H x 11.25”L x 3”D.
The best part is this thermal is part of the June customer special at Thirty One. Spend $35 and get this thermal for half price. How awesome is that?
Share your favorite recipes with us. I love hearing from my readers.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!