OUR DEEP COVERED BAKER AND A FLAVORFUL SEASONING MIXTURE MAKE THIS CHICKEN EASY AND IRRESISTIBLE. THIS QUICK MICROWAVE METHOD IS A REAL TIME-SAVER, PERFECT FOR A WEEKNIGHT MEAL OR WHEN A RECIPE CALLS FOR COOKED CHICKEN.
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- For chicken, lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Professional Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken onto Cutting Board; brush with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
- For seasoning mixture, combine ingredients in (1-cup) Prep Bowl; mix well. Completely coat outside of chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, into baker.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 25-30 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear. Remove from microwave. Cover with lid and let stand 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 170°F).
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 490, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 165 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 52 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber 0 g
Want more recipes to help you change up the boring chicken dinner? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 chicken recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn free and discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Happy Saturday! I along with LOTS of other people are at the Seaside Boardwalk – Walking for a CURE for MS. I am blessed to have my good friend, Karen Peet walking with me. I’m praying that the predicted rain holds off…
I love finding new uses for products. Thirty One’s Fold and File teamed with a Zip Top Organizing Tote as a mobile office, right? Business owners everywhere use it to ensure that they have everything they need at a moment’s notice when they are out and about. It has saved many a direct seller from a business disaster.
Did you ever think of using it for a baby shower gift? The Zip Top Organizing Tote is the perfect diaper bag
BUT who would have thought of adding a fold and file to it for a baby shower gift? Why, you ask? Fill it with file folders and label them with things like:
- doctor visits,
- warranty papers (swing, crib, etc.),
- important hospital papers,
- and the list goes on.
This way the parents have everything in one place. New parents love it.
Why we are on the subject of NEW parents, Mother’s Day is May 8th and Father’s Day is June 19th.
What about as a house warming gift?
June is the time for weddings so bridal showers are happening in the Spring.
How about filling a Catch-All Bin with a personsonalized pillow for the happy couple? Maybe a bottle of their favorite wine. Maybe a personalized cutting board. Be creative. You don’t even have to wrap the gift – just a cello bag from the dollar store with a pretty bow.
This AWESOME gift set is on special for the month of April…
Wouldn’t it be fun to have a personal shopper? Someone who you just call (or text) and they do all of your gift shopping – what do you think? Let me help you avoid the “gift faux pas” this busy gift giving season.
What special occasion do you have coming up that you need help with? Share and let’s see if we can help you find some unique gift giving ideas.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!