I don’t know about you but I get tired of chicken! I love there are “zero” points because I am now eating more protein but it can be boring! Thank you Hungry Girl for another yummy recipe!
Entire recipe: 272 calories, 8.5g total fat (3.5g sat fat), 633mg sodium, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 40.5g protein Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 minutes MAKES 1 SERVING
5 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet
Dash each salt and black pepper
1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
3 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 slices turkey pepperoni (optional: roughly chopped)
Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
Optional toppings: crushed red pepper, fresh oregano
- Evenly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 – 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine these ingredients in a small bowl: crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, and onion powder. If you like, add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- While still in the skillet, top chicken with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoni.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until sauce is hot and cheese has melted.
Why not make extra for lunch this week? Freeze the leftovers and enjoy them heated up with your favorite side salad. No better way to take lunch to work but in a Thirty One Thermal. Did you know ThirtyOne had a NEW Crossbody Thermal Tote?
One of our most popular personal lunch thermals is now a crossbody! Stay on-trend at the office or school with our fashionable and functional Crossbody Thermal Tote cooler bag. Webbed handles plus a long, adjustable strap give you three ways to carry your snacks and drinks in style. Or give it as the perfect teacher’s gift! Choose personalization to make it even more special. AND a steal at just $20
Have a recipe you want to share? Send me an email and if we use if in the blog, you will receive a FREE gift as a thank you.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Hungry Girl for another YUMMY recipe…
1/2 of recipe (1 stuffed mushroom): 203 calories, 6.5g total fat (3.5g sat fat), 464mg sodium, 15.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 22.5g protein Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 4*
Prep: 10 minutes. Cook: 20 minutes MAKES 2 SERVINGS
2 large portabella mushroom caps (stems removed)
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
3 tbsp. light/low-fat ricotta cheese
3/4 tsp. chopped garlic
3/4 tsp. onion powder
3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
Dash ground nutmeg
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
4 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped spinach
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place mushroom caps in the center, rounded sides down. Top with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, ricotta, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, and a dash each salt and pepper. Mix until uniform.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, and sprinkle with remaining dash each salt and pepper. Add onion, and cook and crumble until beef is fully cooked and onion has softened, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add spinach and tomato/ricotta mixture. Cook and stir until spinach has wilted and mixture is hot, about 1 minute.
- Cut foil packet to release steam before opening entirely. Remove top foil, and carefully drain excess liquid. Thoroughly blot excess moisture from mushroom caps.
- Evenly fill mushrooms with filling. Sprinkle with mozzarella, and bake until mushrooms are tender and cheese has melted, about 8 minutes.
- Top with basil.
What is the best way to enjoy this YUMMY meal again? Take it for lunch in one of Thirty One’s thermal lunch totes. How about the Around the Clock Thermal…
Want to know why you’ll love it? It is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, poolside, beachfront, golf course, boating, or sporting events. It will fit a 6-pack with a little room for a snack. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes clean up easier. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including cross-body for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids’ teachers, and everyone else on the go! Best part… it holds up to 15 lbs. and can be it monogrammed and personalization.
Have a yummy recipe? Share it with us…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Tasty for today’s recipe!
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted, peeled
- 15 oz white bean, 1 can, drained, rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- canola oil (I use the spray instead of actual order to save points.
- chipotle mayo (optional, not included in point total)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚C.
- In a large bowl, add the roasted sweet potato, white beans, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
- Once mashed, add the bread crumbs and mix them in.
- In a pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Place patties on buns, and top with chipotle mayo, avocado, and red onion.
As I start cooking more and more from scratch, I findI need to get organized in the kitchen. Tossed out the spices which have been there since the age of time and am starting fresh. Containers instead of bags tossed on shelves makes it so much easier to find things Organize your pantry so you can find things AND you know what is there. I am forever buying new stuff because I couldn’t find something.
Did you know the Your Way organizing products are the customer special this month at Thirty One? Check them out at our Facebook “Get Organized in 2018” event for more tips and tricks.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!