We are 19 days away from Christmas and the panic has already set in on many struggling to find the PERFECT gift for those on their holiday list. I will admit, I had those moments looking for the “perfect gift”. Having moments where I let the inner gremlins step in bashing those out of the box ideas and stealing my JOY!
Has your gift giving list grown? Has your office just decided to hold a Secret Santa? Are YOUR friends looking for gifts for people in their office or do they know someone who is looking to give gifts to their co-workers or customers?
For those of us in direct sales, I know this sounds OBVIOUS but have you approached them about using YOUR products as gifts. Now, I don’t mean just hand them a catalog to look through, I mean really help them with their gift giving dilemnas.
Maybe you (or someone you know) has mentally made their Christmas Wish List. Remember the wish list of your childhood. The one where you scoured the catalogs and sale papers making a list of EVERYTHING you could possible want then giving it to your parents who shared it with everyone in the family.
While some may have created their own list of wish list and then told family to contact me; . others, provided me with a the challenge of helping them pick the perfect gift. They gave me a list of people, a few words describing the person and asked me for practical suggestions from our product lines. I know you are all thinking – when do I have time in addition to my shopping, work (full and part-time), kids, etc. The reality is it could save YOU time, money and the chance to give someone the “perfect gift”.
Here are some suggestions based on the Thirty One products on sale THIS month::
- Busy Mom, Mom Taxi – what about a Thirty One Hanging Traveler Case bag filled with pens, pencils, note paper, crayons, etc. to leave in the car. Maybe even a few non-perishable snacks for the kids or an energy bar or two for mom. You never have to hunt for a pen or you can keep the kids busy while in the car.
- For the Mechanic, Car fanatic, Teacher, Business Owner, Crafter, College Student or Mom – How about the Zip Top Organizing Utility Tote ? A great deal this month with a sale price of $21! Fill it with fun items they can use depending on their interests. What crafter doesn’t like a gift card to their favorite craft store or yarn or supplies to make their favorite craft. Teachers go crazy for a tote filled with school supplies, or a gift card for their favorite coffee shop. This tote has so many uses……
- For someone who does Yoga or exercises… the All Pro Tote keeps everything together. This is also great for the busy mom. A spot for extra shoes for the kids or wet clothes when the baby has an “accident”. The pocket in the back, it great for a yoga mat, a towel, a blanket if you are going to the park or maybe an extra lightweight jacket. This retails for $80 BUT is on sale for $48 (a steal)!!!
- The Rubie Mini has sooo many uses! It is a pouch, a travel case and a wristlet all in one! With a zipper closure and a D-ring attachment for a Wristlet Strap, the Rubie Mini is a small, stylish bag to help you stay organized. It’s the perfect little partner when you travel, run errands or shop. Keep the mini pouch in your purse to store cash, cards, makeup, mints or change. Pack it in your carry-on to keep money, medicine, cameras, batteries and power cords close by. It is on SALE for just $13.20 this month!
- The Twice As Nice Tote is a great gift bag during the holiday season AND all year long. It will hold a bottle of wine (or two) and even has a divider to keep the bottles from rattling. It is a versatile gift the recipient will use over and over again.
- College Student, Mom, Dad, ANYONE on your list! – How about a Large Utility Tote filled with everything they would need in an emergency? Blanket, jumper cables, first aid kit, etc. Our daughter got one when she started driving. I know, most people have AAA but honestly sometimes they take FOREVER! In the dead of winter, wouldn’t it be nice to have a bag in the trunk so when a good Samaritan stopped to offer assistance you had the supplies you needed. How about filling it with snacks along with a gift card or two. Perfect for grocery shopping, keeping the truck organized, storing extra bed linens, kids toys and so much more!
So, have I sparked any ideas? Are YOU thinking outside of the box? Some people will think it is tacky to give a gift of the product you sell but think about how special it will be if it is combined with something they know you picked out just for them. I mean we all LOVE Thirty One’s products, why not share them with friends, family and co-workers.
What are you doing for “outside of the box” gift giving this holiday season? I am still looking for a few gift ideas, how about sharing YOUR best company gift idea with us.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!