OUR DEEP COVERED BAKER AND A FLAVORFUL SEASONING MIXTURE MAKE THIS CHICKEN EASY AND IRRESISTIBLE. THIS QUICK MICROWAVE METHOD IS A REAL TIME-SAVER, PERFECT FOR A WEEKNIGHT MEAL OR WHEN A RECIPE CALLS FOR COOKED CHICKEN.
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Seasoning Mixture
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- For chicken, lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Professional Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken onto Cutting Board; brush with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
- For seasoning mixture, combine ingredients in (1-cup) Prep Bowl; mix well. Completely coat outside of chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, into baker.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 25-30 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear. Remove from microwave. Cover with lid and let stand 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 170°F).
- 4-6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 490, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 165 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 52 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber 0 g
Want more recipes to help you change up the boring chicken dinner? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 chicken recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn free and discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!