Today is another Weight Watcher’s recipe. I haven’t had the nerve to substitute this for hubby’s favorite Spanish Rice dish yet BUT the day is coming. I think I will make it for me and let him try it. Wonder if he will be able to tell the difference??? LOL!
Nutrition facts: 1/4th of recipe (about 1 1/3 cups) is 100 calories, 0.5g total fat (<0.5g sat fat), 571mg sodium, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 9.5g sugars, 5g protein. Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 0*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 20 minutes Makes: 4 servings
4 cups riced cauliflower (or 5 cups roughly chopped cauliflower)
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
One 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- If starting with roughly chopped cauliflower, pulse in a blender until reduced to rice-sized pieces, working in batches as needed.
- Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add pepper and onion. Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, including riced cauliflower, and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove lid. Cook and stir until cauliflower is tender and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
The Tote-ally Thermal may be a bit large to take for lunch BUT it is one of my NEW favorites…actually it has made a comeback! Why you’ll love it: it is tote meets cooler in this fabulous water-resistant bag. With the Leak Lock® thermal lining which allows for ice to keep food and drinks cool, this is the perfect tote for family outings, picnics, camping, boating or any other outdoor activity. It will also keep things hot if you are headed out to a picnic or family gathering. The long handles let you carry it over your shoulder to free up your hands, and plenty of pocket space means that there’s a place for everything.
Do you have a favorite recipe? Share it with me and if we print it, you will receive a FREE gift from me as a thank you. You can send your recipes to me via email at email@example.com
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
This YUMMY vegetarian dinner is packed full of Mexican flavors. Quick and easy with lots of leftovers to have on a salad the next day OR to heat up.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped, 2 cups
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced into 1/2″ pieces, 1 1/2 cups
- 1 medium onion, diced into 1/2″ pieces, 2 cups
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1 – 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can fire roasted chopped tomatoes in sauce
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste (this will vary on type of stock used)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion, reserved from above
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Prep the ingredients for the quinoa skillet dish before starting to cook, and set aside 1/4 cup of the diced onion for the Pico de Gallo.
- Preheat a large skillet (13″-15″) over medium high heat. When the pan is hot but not smoking, add the oil along with the zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Sauté stirring often until the veggies have softened but are still crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- When the veggies have softened, add the cumin and chili powder to the skillet, and stir to mix in. Then add the black beans, quinoa, fire roasted tomatoes, and vegetables stock. Stir to combine and cover the skillet with a lid. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to maintain a simmer. Cook stirring occasionally until all the liquid has absorbed, and the quinoa is fluffy, 20-25 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, mix together the ingredients for the Pico de Gallo. Season to taste with salt, and set aside to let the flavors blend.
- Stir together all the ingredients for the Avocado Lime Cabbage Slaw, then set it aside until the serving time.
- When the quinoa is done, add the corn and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt, and serve immediately with Pico de Gallo.
What to do with the leftovers???? Pack them up for lunch the next day in one of Thirty One’s AMAZING thermal lunch totes. Sending the kids off with a healthy lunch? Try the Lunch Break Buddy Thermal. This roomy, insulated cooler bag is perfectly sized and styled for packing lunch and snacks for you or the kids, with a water-resistant thermal lining, zipper closure, large front pocket and mesh side bottle pocket. Personalize your lunch bag with an embroidered name, monogram or Icon-It design for school, work or travel.
Did I mention it is on the Retirement list? What does that mean? It will be gone after February 28th….. grab one while you can.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
First, my “baby” has turned 30 years old so I definitely don’t need a diaper bag BUT I do LOVE this bag. I have actually been using it every day for the last few weeks. It is AMAZING!
For those of you who have been around Thirty One for awhile, you may remember the original Casual Cargo Bag… it was actually the #1 choice by moms in 2014. Don’t believe me, check out www.babycenter.com. I know you are wondering why did it go away, right? Like all good things, it went away and came back even more AMAZING! How can you improve on great, right? Well, we did!
The NEW Casual Cargo Bag is part of Baby by Thirty One. So, it is officially a diaper bag but it is so much more! It’s an easy-to-wear, everyday canvas cargo tote for anyone who’s on the go. Do you commute to work? How about travel to practices with the kids? Spend a lot of time on the road playing mom taxi or for work? This bag is a great solution!
Let’s start with its extended top handle straps and detachable, adjustable strap which gives you the versatility to wear it as a shoulder bag or a crossbody bag. It is in a cotton/canvas fabric with a polyester lining. The crossbody strap let’s you keep your hands free when chasing after the kids. It has two exterior pockets with magnetic closures which is the perfect spot for your keys or maybe the baby’s binky. I have my business cards in one along with a note pad to gather potential customers contact information. I know you are wonder, why didn’t I say these pockets were good for your cell phone. Because there is actually a cell phone pocket on the outside which will fit most phones including some of the new larger ones. No need to go digging around in your bag when you are juggling the baby.
Let’s move to the inside which has multiple pockets and LOTS of space. My favorite new feature is an interior thermal pocket with a leak lock lining. This is a great spot to keep a snack and a bottle of water. I haven’t put it to the test to see how much it can hold but there is quite a bit of room. It did hold enough snacks/ light food for a recent vendor event.
Also on the side is two flat pockets AND 2 elastic side pockets which are great for bottles or containers of snacks. Top it off with a zipper closure and you are ready to hit the road with a stylish, yet functional diaper bag. Did I mention you can have it personalized too? The best part is when you don’t need a diaper bag any more, it is still a GREAT bag to use every day. It is roomy but not HUGE.
The next question is – “Is it washable?” I have to admit the company does not recommend washing this item. They do recommend wiping it with a damp cloth using mild soap only and then air drying. I will tell you I have customers who have tossed this into the washer on a gentle cycle and air dried it who give it rave reviews when all was said and done.
At a cost of $68, this durable, fun, functional and stylish bag is the perfect gift for the new or soon to be mom. How about for the college student or even the work at home mom. If you want to see this product up close – contact me for a product experience (one-on-one product showing) or have a home party where you can get all the things you will want to keep the new nursery neat and tidy…
Whose ready to shop??? Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!