This YUMMY recipe is from Weight Watchers. A great salad with a Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 0*
1/8th of recipe (about 1 cup): 141 calories, 1.5g total fat (<0.5g sat fat), 404mg sodium, 20.5g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 13g protein
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Makes: 8 SERVINGS
4 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 cups chopped tomatoes
12 oz. ready-to-eat bay/small shrimp (or chopped large shrimp)
1 cup finely chopped red onion
1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper
1/4 cup lime juice
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add corn, chili powder, and 1/2 tsp. cumin. Cook and stir until blackened, about 7 minutes.
- In a medium-large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients, including remaining 1/2 tsp. cumin. Mix until uniform.
- Fold in blackened corn. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (It tastes great chilled!)
Have leftovers? Why not take it for lunch this week? Use a base of spring mix or spinach, topped with this yummy blackened shrimp and corn salad. No better way to take lunch to work but in a Thirty One Thermal. Did you know ThirtyOne had a NEW Crossbody Thermal Tote?
One of our most popular personal lunch thermals is now a crossbody! Stay on-trend at the office or school with our fashionable and functional Crossbody Thermal Tote cooler bag. Webbed handles plus a long, adjustable strap give you three ways to carry your snacks and drinks in style. Or give it as the perfect teacher’s gift! Choose personalization to make it even more special. AND a steal at just $20
Have a recipe you want to share? Send me an email and if we use if in the blog, you will receive a FREE gift as a thank you.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Hungry Girl for another YUMMY recipe…
1/2 of recipe (1 stuffed mushroom): 203 calories, 6.5g total fat (3.5g sat fat), 464mg sodium, 15.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 22.5g protein Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 4*
Prep: 10 minutes. Cook: 20 minutes MAKES 2 SERVINGS
2 large portabella mushroom caps (stems removed)
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
3 tbsp. light/low-fat ricotta cheese
3/4 tsp. chopped garlic
3/4 tsp. onion powder
3/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
Dash ground nutmeg
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
4 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped spinach
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place mushroom caps in the center, rounded sides down. Top with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the two foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, ricotta, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, and a dash each salt and pepper. Mix until uniform.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, and sprinkle with remaining dash each salt and pepper. Add onion, and cook and crumble until beef is fully cooked and onion has softened, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add spinach and tomato/ricotta mixture. Cook and stir until spinach has wilted and mixture is hot, about 1 minute.
- Cut foil packet to release steam before opening entirely. Remove top foil, and carefully drain excess liquid. Thoroughly blot excess moisture from mushroom caps.
- Evenly fill mushrooms with filling. Sprinkle with mozzarella, and bake until mushrooms are tender and cheese has melted, about 8 minutes.
- Top with basil.
What is the best way to enjoy this YUMMY meal again? Take it for lunch in one of Thirty One’s thermal lunch totes. How about the Around the Clock Thermal…
Want to know why you’ll love it? It is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, poolside, beachfront, golf course, boating, or sporting events. It will fit a 6-pack with a little room for a snack. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes clean up easier. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including cross-body for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids’ teachers, and everyone else on the go! Best part… it holds up to 15 lbs. and can be it monogrammed and personalization.
Have a yummy recipe? Share it with us…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Michelle for sharing this recipe with us. Michelle is “my” AMAZING leader at Weight Watchers on Thursday mornings. She has been through the good and the bad times with me. It is with her help and the support of my Thursday morning family, I hit goal.
Cooking Time: 50 Prep Time: 15 Servings: 8 SmartPoints™ value: 7
12 oz uncooked pasta
12 oz fat free evaporated milk
2 cup(s) cheddar, shredded, low fat
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
¼ tsp table salt
¼ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp dried plain breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup Plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 4 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sour cream.
3. Meanwhile, heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear just around the edge (do not boil). Reduce heat and stir in the mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Mix yogurt into pasta then add the milk mixture to the macaroni mixture, stirring until blended. Transfer to the baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan in a small bowl; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake until the casserole is bubbly and the top is golden, about 30 minutes. Serves 8 (serving=1 cup)
Yummy stuff, even hubby likes it! Make some and freeze the leftovers for lunch. What do you carry your lunch to work in? Hopefully, it a Thirty One thermal with so many options to pick from there is something for everyone. Don’t forget there is still 48 hours to shop for both the Winter and the NEW Spring catalogs. Which thermal will you pick?
Add thermal picture options…..
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
I love CHILI and I am excited to have a new recipe which has lots of the zero point foods from Weight Watchers. This is a delicious, filling chili. You can serve it topped with sour cream (or cheddar cheese) and tortilla chips!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 12
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes, then add the turkey, and stir until crumbly and no longer pink.
- Add the butternut squash, chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, kidney beans, hominy, and tomato sauce; season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
Have some leftovers, why not take them for lunch in one of ThirtyOne’s AMAZING thermals, like the Go To Thermal.
It is called the Go-To Thermal because you should think of it as the universal lunch bag. With clean lines a simple handle and a variety of prints, this tote is perfect for every member of the family. Features a zip closure and an exterior pocket. Ideal for work, school, sporting events, road trips, golf outings, play dates, fishing trips, pool days and a bunch of other places. Makes a great gift for teachers, neighbors, friends and anyone else who loves to lunch or snack! Machine washable and wipeable lining. Key features are: keeps contents cool or warm for up to 1.25 hours; holds up to 10 lbs. (that’s ALOT of lunch) and can be personalized. It measures: 11”H x 12.5”L at top opening x 8”L at base x 5”D
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!