Have you ever thought about it? Do you think totes are just for the grocery store? Or maybe you think beach bag? Or purse (okay maybe not a large utility tote)? The truth is totes come in every shape and size, right? If we stop to the grocery store, how many times have you forgotten the bags at home or maybe they are still in the trunk of the car…. admit it, I’m not alone, right? Yes, this “Bag Lady” does occasionally forget to take her totes with her….. SHHH!!! It will be our little secret.
Let’s talk about Thirty One’s Large Utility Tote for a minute…. Did you know it has been the TOP SELLER (usually the #1 spot) since it was first introduced? You may ask why? It is just a tote… but not just any tote. No, it doesn’t have magical powers…..
The top use is for grocery shopping….I have a simple system to ensure the totes are in the care when I head to the store. Once I unpack the totes, I set them by the door so they are in plain sight when I go out to the car the next time. They are always put in the truck of the CRV. So, how do I remember to take them with me? On the days I am grocery shopping, I put my purse in the trunk. Yup, I can’t go shopping without my purse, so when I open the trunk to get my purse, I pick up my totes. Sometimes I will place them on the seat next to me. I don’t know about you but I need to have things written on a list OR right in front of me in order to remember them.
Add a Double Chill Thermal
to your large utility tote and you have the perfect way to keep your frozen foods solid during the hot summer months. Okay, so most of us are battling the frigid cold right now but summer is just around the corner. This set of two water-resistant Leak Lock®
thermal inserts lets you pack ice without worry, and side handles make these soft-sided cooler bags easy to carry. Great for grocery shopping, a day at the beach or a picnic.
Everyone is into decluttering these days…. why not use a large utility tote
it to keep your closet in order. Can you imagine how many blankets you could fit in one if you used the Tidying Up method of folding??? It even collapses for easy storage! AND it can be personalized! Shoes all over the floor? Why not try dividing a tote with bottle dividers from the liquor store?
Have kids in sports? Admit it, their equipment is ALL over the trunk of the car. There is always something that goes missing – a glove, a sock, a shirt – why not make it easy by putting a tote in the trunk JUST for sporting equipment or after school activities. How about tailgating at all of the games/ practices this spring? Know someone getting married? The large utility tote is a great wedding gift…
Did I mention the BEST part of the large utility tote in February???? It is on SALE!!! Who doesn’t love a sale right?
Why not grab TWO and split the cost with your bestie!
So many uses for just one bag… which one is calling you?
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
I was scrolling through old blog posts for inspiration. Sometimes I get stuck – wondering what to write about or if any one would notice if I recycled an old post then SMACK, I remember I would would know the difference. Sometimes an old post pertains to what is happening now in my life so it could stand another look…
Back in 2014, St. Pauls’ UMC did a church-wide study during Lent called “Daring to Dream”. Back then, I was in the midst of letting fear keep me from letting my dreams soar. Funny, I am back in the same spot and I am not even sure why.
On Easter Sunday, Pastor gave a sermon entitled “Dream Busters – Dream Builders” which in a nutshell was about faith, hope and the love of Christ which enables us to fly on the wings of God’s dreams for us. I looked back at my notes from the sermon and at the book we were reading and it was yet another wake up call for me. I say it a lot but God is always working in my life, allowing me glimpses of what he has in store for me. Yes, I get scared but not scared enough to keep me from reaching for those dreams. Sometimes it is just enough fear to keep me focused and working towards his dreams for me.Here are the three dream busters which keep us from reaching our full potential:
- Yesterday’s failures. I know I am not alone in allowing the shackles of guilt and shame to continue to bind me. Of course, not as often as they used to but guilt about past mistakes do continue to haunt me. I rehash the mistake over and over until I finally turn it over to God and let it go. Sound familiar?
- Today’s frustration. Are my personal expectations too high? YES! Do I compare myself to others (personally and professionally)? YES! Perfect Polly creeps in on occasion and convinces me if I’m not “perfect”, I will never achieve my dreams. WRONG! It is NOT about perfection, it is about the journey. One of my favorite mantras.
- Tomorrow fears. Some days, I don’t even know what I am fearful of – fear of success, fear of not measuring up, fear of disappointing others or fear of failing? Or is fear just an excuse for not trying?
Once we know what is busting our dreams, when can figure out how to change the dream busters into dream builders?
- Doubts dispelled. I need to remind myself daily with God all things are possible. Remember the mustard seed? I keep a mustard seed jar close (a gift from my Director) to remind me of this message. Because as long as you have a small amount of faith, things are possible.
- Despair dispersed with confidence and hope. I never realized what a control person I was until someone called me on it. Let Go and Let God because he alone can provide for our needs. Really? It goes back to faith as small as a mustard seed. Be confident God will provide for our needs. He will also be there to wrap his arms around us and give us hope when we feel weak.
- Security of Love. Have you ever doubted God’s love? Be honest! I know in my darkest days, I wondered how he could possible love me. The truth is God’s love has lifted me up from the depths of addiction along with my sometimes shady past and he continues to love me on a daily basis.
Are these some of the barriers holding you back from dreaming BIG? I have found as long as I open my heart to God and his love, I am able to DARE to DREAM. Pause for a moment and think about your dream. Picture it. Feel the feelings you would have if you reached it. Haven’t dreamed in a long time? It may take some practice but be still and listen to your heart.
What are your barriers to dreaming big? Share them with us…
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!