Thank you Patti Watson from Pampered Chef for today’s recipe…
USING PINEAPPLE PEEL AS GRILLING PLANKS IMPARTS A WONDERFUL FLAVOR TO THE SALMON AND KEEPS IT FROM STICKING TO THE GRILL.
- 1 pineapple
- 4 salmon filets, 6 oz (175 g) each
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Teriyaki Sauce with Honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice, uncooked
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro, loosely packed
- ½ lime
- Preheat the Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice the top and bottom off of the pineapple and peel and core it using the Pineapple Wedger.
- Place the salmon filets on top of each of the four pineapple peels and brush with the Teriyaki Sauce with Honey.
- Grill the salmon, covered, for 25–30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 120°F (50°C) for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, add the rice, water, and ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the salt to the Rice Cooker Plus and cook in the microwave according to package directions.
- Cut half of the peeled and cored pineapple into 1″ (2.5 cm) pieces, reserving the other half for a later use. Working in 2 batches, coarsely chop the pineapple using the Manual Food Processor and place it in a medium mixing bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro using the Manual Food Processor and add the mixture to the pineapple. Juice the lime using the Citrus Press and add the liquid to the pineapple mixture.
- Combine the cooked rice and the pineapple mixture. When the salmon is finished cooking, serve it on the planks with the rice mixture.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 650, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Sodium 700 mg, Carbohydrates 62 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 20 g, Protein 66 g
Thank you to Judy Kushner from Pampered Chef and a fellow Weight Watcher for today’s recipe….Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small box of sugar free/fat free instant pudding (pick your favorite)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1tbsp sugar substitute (I used 3 packages of Stevia)
- Pinch of salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- Add eggs, vanilla, sugar and sale to a medium bowl and beat well.
- Add yogurt and dry pudding. Mix well
- Pour into a 8-9″ pie plate sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes
- Let good on counter completely (about 2 hours)
- Cover and refrigerate
I topped mine with fresh strawberries. When you cut it into 4 pieces, each piece is 1 point and chock full of protein. Makes a quick and easy breakfast or a filling snack. I’m going to try it with chocolate, add a little bit of chocolate sauce and a few crushed graham crackers and maybe even a few mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. It will raise the points but it will be a yummy treat on those days I am craving something sweet.Judy (and I) used many of our Pampered Chef products to make this yummy treat. Check out these awesome products: The Classic Batter Bowl to mix everything in. The Small Mix N Scraper to mix the ingredients.Be sure to check out her website for lots of other AMAZING Pampered Chef Products.I took mine for breakfast on weigh in day because every Weight Watcher knows you don’t eat before weigh in, right? LOL. I used my Cool Clip thermal to keep it fresh and cool because the weather has been a little warm at the Jersey Shore. So many prints to pick from. The Cool Clip Thermal Pouch makes a great addition to any tote, bag or backpack when you need a little extra space or just need to keep items separated and easy to access. Great for snacks, sunscreen, medicine, make-up, valuables, cell phones, baby food, bug spray, first-aid supplies and many other items. Features a washable and wipeable thermal lining, exterior clip, zipper closure and front pocket. Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to my email at HopeWs31@gmail.com.Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
OUR DEEP COVERED BAKER AND A FLAVORFUL SEASONING MIXTURE MAKE THIS CHICKEN EASY AND IRRESISTIBLE. THIS QUICK MICROWAVE METHOD IS A REAL TIME-SAVER, PERFECT FOR A WEEKNIGHT MEAL OR WHEN A RECIPE CALLS FOR COOKED CHICKEN.
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2-4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- For chicken, lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Trim excess fat using Professional Shears, if necessary. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of chicken. Place chicken onto Cutting Board; brush with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
- For seasoning mixture, combine ingredients in (1-cup) Prep Bowl; mix well. Completely coat outside of chicken with seasoning mixture. Place chicken, breast side up, into baker.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 25-30 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of breast and juices run clear. Remove from microwave. Cover with lid and let stand 10 minutes (temperature will rise to 170°F).
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 490, Total Fat 29 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 165 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 52 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber 0 g
Want more recipes to help you change up the boring chicken dinner? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 chicken recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn free and discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!