Today’s recipe is from Patti Watson at Pampered Chef. This is a classic breakfast ring which is a great option for a busy morning OR why not surprise mom on Mother’s Day!
- 11 eggs, divided
- ¼ cup (50 mL) half & half
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 green onions
- 1 pkg (9.6 oz./272 g) fully cooked breakfast sausage (12 links)
- 2 cups (6 oz./175 g) colby jack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 2 pkgs (8 oz./250 g each) crescent rolls
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). In the Classic Batter Bowl, whisk 10 of the eggs with the half & half, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters. Process the bell peppers and onions in batches in the Manual Food Processor until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to the bowl. Process the sausage until finely chopped and add to the bowl.
- Microwave the mixture, uncovered, on HIGH for 6 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir to break up the eggs. Microwave for 3 minutes, then stir. Microwave for 2 minutes, then stir. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater to grate the cheese; set aside. Use the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush to brush oil onto the White Large Round Stone.
- Separate the rolls into 16 triangles. Arrange the triangles on the stone with the wide ends in the center, slightly overlapping. There should be a 5″ (13-cm) opening in the center. The narrow ends of the dough will extend beyond the edge of the stone.
- Use the Baker’s Roller® to flatten the wide ends of the dough. Place the egg mixture over the wider sides of the dough in a circle. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs.
- Pull the narrow ends of the dough over the filling and tuck the points under the dough to form a ring.
- Separate the remaining egg and add ½ tsp (2 mL) of water to the yolk; mix. Use the basting brush to brush the top of the ring with egg wash. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Use the Pizza & Crust Cutter to chop the parsley and sprinkle on top of the ring.
Nutrients per serving: U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 12 g
I am all about the Nachos but tend to stay away from them since they are usually REALLY high in points. Here is a yummy recipe from Hungry Girl I am going to make on my next football watching Sunday..
1/4th of recipe (6 loaded nachos): 152 calories, 4.5g total fat (2g sat fat), 299mg sodium, 10.5g carbs, 2g fiber, 6g sugars, 17g protein. Freestyle™ SmartPoints® value 2*
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 40 minutes MAKES 4 SERVINGS
8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. salt
Dash black pepper
12 sweet mini bell peppers (each about 2 1/2 inches long)
1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tbsp. chopped jalapeño pepper
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken on the center of the foil, and sprinkle with seasonings. Cover with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice off and discard the stem ends of the bell peppers. Remove and discard seeds. Slice peppers in half lengthwise.
- Remove foil pack from the sheet, and spray sheet with nonstick spray. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Lay pepper halves on the sheet, cut sides down. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip bell pepper halves. Bake until soft, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut foil packet to release hot steam before opening entirely. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl. Shred with two forks.
- Thoroughly blot excess moisture from bell pepper halves. Arrange them on the center of the sheet. Top with shredded chicken, beans, and cheese.
- Bake until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, jalapeño, and cilantro.
Want to take this yummy treat to your next tailgating party? Try Thirty One’s Perfect Party Set…The Perfect Party Set expands to hold two 9” x 13” casserole pans inside 2 interior water-resistant thermal compartments. Handle grips make it easy to carry, while the exterior zipper pocket can keep additional items like utensils, baking instructions and additional ingredients secure during transport. It’s the most convenient way to take your favorite casseroles, desserts, appetizers and more to your next family picnic, neighborhood cookout, celebration or camping trip!
Hope you have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
Thank you Patti Watson from Pampered Chef for today’s recipe…
USING PINEAPPLE PEEL AS GRILLING PLANKS IMPARTS A WONDERFUL FLAVOR TO THE SALMON AND KEEPS IT FROM STICKING TO THE GRILL.
- 1 pineapple
- 4 salmon filets, 6 oz (175 g) each
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Teriyaki Sauce with Honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice, uncooked
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro, loosely packed
- ½ lime
- Preheat the Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice the top and bottom off of the pineapple and peel and core it using the Pineapple Wedger.
- Place the salmon filets on top of each of the four pineapple peels and brush with the Teriyaki Sauce with Honey.
- Grill the salmon, covered, for 25–30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 120°F (50°C) for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, add the rice, water, and ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the salt to the Rice Cooker Plus and cook in the microwave according to package directions.
- Cut half of the peeled and cored pineapple into 1″ (2.5 cm) pieces, reserving the other half for a later use. Working in 2 batches, coarsely chop the pineapple using the Manual Food Processor and place it in a medium mixing bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro using the Manual Food Processor and add the mixture to the pineapple. Juice the lime using the Citrus Press and add the liquid to the pineapple mixture.
- Combine the cooked rice and the pineapple mixture. When the salmon is finished cooking, serve it on the planks with the rice mixture.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 650, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Sodium 700 mg, Carbohydrates 62 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 20 g, Protein 66 g
I love CHILI and I am excited to have a new recipe which has lots of the zero point foods from Weight Watchers. This is a delicious, filling chili. You can serve it topped with sour cream (or cheddar cheese) and tortilla chips!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Serves: 12
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white hominy, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes, then add the turkey, and stir until crumbly and no longer pink.
- Add the butternut squash, chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes, kidney beans, hominy, and tomato sauce; season with chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
Have some leftovers, why not take them for lunch in one of ThirtyOne’s AMAZING thermals, like the Go To Thermal.
It is called the Go-To Thermal because you should think of it as the universal lunch bag. With clean lines a simple handle and a variety of prints, this tote is perfect for every member of the family. Features a zip closure and an exterior pocket. Ideal for work, school, sporting events, road trips, golf outings, play dates, fishing trips, pool days and a bunch of other places. Makes a great gift for teachers, neighbors, friends and anyone else who loves to lunch or snack! Machine washable and wipeable lining. Key features are: keeps contents cool or warm for up to 1.25 hours; holds up to 10 lbs. (that’s ALOT of lunch) and can be personalized. It measures: 11”H x 12.5”L at top opening x 8”L at base x 5”D
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!