Thank you Hungry Girl for some more YUMMY desserts.
Hungry Girl’s Healthy Personal Peach Pies
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
12 small square wonton wrappers (stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
3 cups finely chopped peaches (fresh or thawed from frozen; no sugar added)
2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
1 packet no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temperature
Optional toppings: light whipped topping (like Skinny Truwhip or So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip! Light), additional cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Place a wonton wrapper into each cup of the muffin pan. Press it into the bottom and up along the sides.
- Lightly spray wrappers with nonstick spray. Bake until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick pot, combine cornstarch with 1/2 cup water and stir to dissolve. Add all remaining ingredients except butter. Set heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook until peaches have slightly softened and mixture is thick and gooey, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter/buttery spread.
- Spoon peach mixture into wonton cups, about 3 tbsp. each.
- MAKES 12 SERVINGS
HG Tip: If you’re not serving all of these the same day they’re made, don’t add the filling to the wonton cups. Store the cups at room temp in a sealable container or bag. Store the filling in the fridge in a sealed container, and fill the cups right before serving.
Open-Faced Apple S’mores
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 5 minutes or less
Serving Size: Entire recipe: 126 calories, 3g total fat (2g sat fat), 30mg sodium, 26g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 18.5g sugars, 1g protein. SmartPoints® value 5*
- 2 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Two round 1/2-inch-thick Gala or Fuji apple slices
- 2 tbsp. mini marshmallows
- 1 low-fat graham cracker (1/4 sheet), finely crushed
- In a very small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips at 50 percent power for 25 seconds. Stir until smooth and uniform.
- Spread chocolate over apple slices. Top with marshmallows.
- Using a kitchen torch, heat marshmallows until slightly melted and toasted, 5 – 10 seconds. (Alternatively, microwave for about 20 seconds.)
- Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker.
- MAKES 1 SERVING
A perfect way to keep snacks cool for the kids is in Thirty One’s NEW Cool Cinch Thermal. If your kids LOVE our cinch sac’s they will FLIP over the new thermal version.
The Cool Cinch Thermal makes packing meals or snacks wherever you go easy and fun. Its spacious thermal compartment keeps food and drinks cool and fresh. This style comes wipeable and machine washable, making it easy to clean! Dimensions: Approx. 18.5”H x 14.5”L
Share your favorite healthy snacks with us. Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!