Today’s recipe is an “old” tried and true Weight Watcher recipe. I have made it many times AND love it reheated. It is actually one of hubby’s favorites too.
Prep time: 7 minutes Cook time: 8 minutes Serves: 4
7 PointsPlus Value
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz canned stewed tomatoes
- 15 1/4 oz canned yellow corn, drained
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp chili powder (Or substitute Pigs Can Fly seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (eliminate if you use ^^ seasoning)
- 1/4 cup(s) dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, onion flakes, and pepper; stir well.
- Increase heat to high and bring to boil; cook, stirring frequently, until chili is thick and flavors are concentrated, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- Yields about 1 1/4 cups chili and 1 tablespoon cheese per serving.
I LOVE using spice mixes from Wicked Good Spice Mixes Company. The combination of spices is perfect and I only have to have a few things in the cabinet instead of a zillion bottles of spices only I only once or twice. Pigs Can Fly is made for all things pork…but not too shabby on chicken or beef! Makes mouth watering chops, lip-smacking ribs and scrumptious roasts! Ingredients: cumin, hot chili powder, allspice, brown sugar, black pepper, kosher salt. Be sure to add a little at a time so you don’t set your mouth on fire! LOL.
My all time favorite thermal anymore is the Around the Clock Thermal. I have been using this one lately for my craft/vendor shows. I can hold LOTS of snacks and bottles of water to last me for the whole day. It is one of Thirty One’s most versatile totes, the Around The Clock Thermal is great for lunch or snacks anytime, anywhere—work, school, festivals, road trips, pool, beach, golf course, boating or sporting events. The water-resistant thermal lining keeps contents cool and makes cleanup easier. A removable shoulder strap means you can carry it any number of ways, including crossbody for hands-free movement. An interior mesh pocket and exterior front zipper pocket provide separate storage options when needed. Makes a great gift for friends, neighbors, kids, teachers and everyone else on the go!
Have a blessed day!
Thank you Weight Watchers USA for today’s recipe……
Last week, I took the plunge! I signed back up for WW Online. I know going to meetings can be overwhelming for me and it is hard to focus BUT I wanted to get off the few pounds which crept back on over the last year or so. I am determined to get back to my goal weight. It will help with the walking issues I am having with MS and I will feel better about ME! So, watch for some YUMMy recipes to come your way….
- 1 small, chopped uncooked onion(s)
- 1 medium clove(s), minced garlic clove(s)
- 1 large, diced uncooked zucchini
- uncooked lean beef round: 16 oz, cut into 1-inch chunks, or 1 pound
- ½ tsp, crushed dried oregano
- 14½ oz, undrained canned diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- ¾ cup(s) dry lentils
- 4 cup(s) canned beef broth
- 1 tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup(s), fresh, slivered basil
I’m not sure where I found this YUMMy recipe but it is a great way to clear out the fridge of the leftover veggies BEFORE they go bad. You will be surprised how good it tastes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 50 minutes Yields: 4 servings
- All the leftover veggies in your fridge
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1-2 large yams, slices into 1/8-inch-thick sheets
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop veggies (not yams) and sauté in 2 teaspoons of oil until soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes and chickpeas. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Slice yams into thin sheets.
- Lightly oil a casserole dish and layer the bottom with half of the yams.
- Spoon out vegetable mixture and spread evenly on top of yams.
- Layer remaining yams on top of vegetables and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Take off the cover and turn up temperature to 450 degrees for 10 minutes to crisp up the top later.
- Add your favorite spices, like basil, oregano, fennel, cumin, chili pepper or sea salt when adding tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Try Wicked Good Spice Mixes Tuscan Bistro for a yummy italian mixture.
- Use a mandolin to slice the yams into even slices.
This is a great yummy dish for tailgating or an upcoming holiday gathering. On Weight Watchers, this is point friendly. Thirty One offers the perfect way to carry this yummy casserole to the next gathering with the Perfect Party Set. The Set expands to hold two 9” x 13” casserole pans inside 2 interior water-resistant thermal compartments. Handle grips make it easy to carry, while the exterior zipper pocket can keep additional items like utensils, baking instructions and additional ingredients secure during transport. It’s the most convenient way to take your favorite casseroles, desserts, appetizers and more to your next family picnic, neighborhood cookout, celebration or camping trip!
Have a blessed day!
This YUMMY recipe is low carb AND it is gluten free! This recipe is from “All Day I Dream of Food”. The website is full of LOTS of recipe which are also paleo. There are some keto meal plans too. The directions are easy enough to follow….
- 3 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup unflavoured whey protein powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325F and grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
For the filling, combine the Swerve and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
For the cake, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Stir in the eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Add the almond milk and continue to stir until well combined.
Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan, then sprinkle with about two thirds of the cinnamon filling mixture. Spread the remaining batter over top and smooth with a knife or an offset spatula.
Bake 35 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon filling mixture. Let cool in pan.
For the frosting, beat cream cheese, powdered erythritol, cream and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth. Pipe or drizzle over cooled cake.
Whether you are shopping for ingredients or headed to the beach….. Thirty One’s Fresh Market Thermal
is the answer! The Fresh Market Thermal
is a stylish, portable thermal large enough to hold two 9″x13″ casserole dishes. A must-have for family picnics, tailgating, trips to the beach, days on the boat, potlucks, grocery shopping or weekend camping. Its water-resistant Leak Lock®
thermal lining means you can add ice to this cooler bag to keep food and drinks cold. Need more room? The sides unsnap and expand to give you more space inside. Long handles allow you to carry it over your shoulder when you need to be hands-free. The Fresh Market Thermal
also features a zipper closure for securing contents and an exterior front pocket to hold other important items.
The best part is it is ON SALE for $15 with a $35 purchase. Be sure to check out my website at www.partywithHope.com.