Thank you Patti Watson from Pampered Chef for today’s recipe…
USING PINEAPPLE PEEL AS GRILLING PLANKS IMPARTS A WONDERFUL FLAVOR TO THE SALMON AND KEEPS IT FROM STICKING TO THE GRILL.
- 1 pineapple
- 4 salmon filets, 6 oz (175 g) each
- ¼ cup (50 mL) Teriyaki Sauce with Honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) rice, uncooked
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) cilantro, loosely packed
- ½ lime
- Preheat the Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice the top and bottom off of the pineapple and peel and core it using the Pineapple Wedger.
- Place the salmon filets on top of each of the four pineapple peels and brush with the Teriyaki Sauce with Honey.
- Grill the salmon, covered, for 25–30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 120°F (50°C) for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, add the rice, water, and ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the salt to the Rice Cooker Plus and cook in the microwave according to package directions.
- Cut half of the peeled and cored pineapple into 1″ (2.5 cm) pieces, reserving the other half for a later use. Working in 2 batches, coarsely chop the pineapple using the Manual Food Processor and place it in a medium mixing bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro using the Manual Food Processor and add the mixture to the pineapple. Juice the lime using the Citrus Press and add the liquid to the pineapple mixture.
- Combine the cooked rice and the pineapple mixture. When the salmon is finished cooking, serve it on the planks with the rice mixture.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 650, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 135 mg, Sodium 700 mg, Carbohydrates 62 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 20 g, Protein 66 g
Want more recipes to help you change up boring dinners? Check out Patti’s website where there is over 250 recipes to spice up your dinner menu. If your wish list is bigger than your wallet, host a party to earn free and discounted products. Just like to shop, check out the monthly customer specials.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!