- Identify the what happened to cause the change
- Why did it happen
- How can I use this for my personal growth
- What changes can I make to improve in the future
- Where can I find help or who can help
Today is Thankful Thursday. I know the rest of the social media world thinks of today as “Throwback Thursday” but today I want to be “thankful”.
I am thankful for:
- My Mom who loves me unconditionally
- Being a child of divorce
- My loving hubby
- Being a mom
- My guardian angels who always guide me
- A family who supports me despite my faults and bad decisions
- Mistakes I made in high school which changed my life
- Mistakes I made in college which shaped my future
- The variety of jobs as I looked for me
- The friends who have come for a season and those who have stayed
- My addiction
- My relapse and recovery
- My lack of confidence
- My business and its roller coaster journey
- My weightloss struggle
- My love of writing
- My passion for helping others
- My rocky walk with God
- My MS
- The rocky and winding road to find myself
- and al of the other good, bad and ugly parts of my life
My life has not been perfect, but today, I am deciding to view it through the lens of thankfulness and gratitude. For it is those things which have helped to shape me. It is those imperfections which have helped me to become the woman I am today. Some days those same things take me on a dark journey of negativity BUT today is NOT one of them.
TODAY, I am thankful for the struggles because without them I would not be able to make a difference in the life of someone else. I would not be able to be compassionate. I would not have the desire to make others smile.
TODAY, I am thankful for a loving God who not only has forgiven me for my mistakes but continues to guide me. I have faith and trust with Him, all things are possible.
So, what are you thankful for today? Share with us and let’s celebrate our imperfections together.
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!
The summer is quickly approaching…. are you looking for some extra money? Would you love a break from the kids for some girl time? Do you just LOVE a great deal?
Yes, you are reading it correctly! Till May 31st, you can join Thirty One for just $49 (no tax). SAY WHAT????
Wouldn’t you LOVE to be a part of the excitement as we kick off a Summer Season with Thirty One?
Let me show you all the things going on right now at Thirty One and why NOW is the best time to join! The Summer Seasonal Guide is AWESOME! Fun new prints and products for everyone in the family. PLUS you will be able to grab some of the Retiring Products from our Spring Collection. Your NEW Customers will love all of the different solution sets to get ready for Summer.
So, for the $49, you will receive: a Welcome Packet, a How-To Guide, one Summer Guide and one Spring/Summer Catalog, plus a $131 Gift Certificate!
Are you wondering what you can use your gift certificate on? ANYTHING to help you jumpstart your business. OPTION #1: You can use it in your launch party (I will be there to help you every step of the way) so you can start earning Personal Volume (PV), Hostess Rewards and commissions, counting toward earning AllMyPerks (AMP) incentives and rewards. OPTION #2: You can place an order in Marketplace and get the 40% discount off all products ordered. You will earn Personal Volume toward the AMP incentive. OPTION #3: You can use it to buy Business Supplies and/or a mix of product. OPTION #4: You can simply use the Gift Certificate as a payment type on your order. You will earn commission of $32 on your order.
What is an AMP Reward? So you will be able to pick one of these AMP products for 60% by just using your gift certificate by the end of the month. If you collect additional orders, up to $1,000 in the month, YOU will get MORE perks!
When you reach $1000 in sales (and multiples of $1000) in your first four months, you are going to earn Wishes Rewards. So for every multiple of $1,000 you will earn $200 in Wishes Rewards. These rewards can be redeem for product and/ or business supplies; VISA gift cards or Disney dollars. I know this is A LOT to take in but stay with me.
Let’s say you host a launch party (in your home, online, Facebook). You only need $70 more in orders to reach party status when you use your gift certificate. Easy Peasy! The average party is about $600 which means YOU are going to earn as the hostess a $150 in commission, the hostess benefits ($100 in FREE products, 2 half price items, 2 hostess exclusives and a monthly hostess special), as well as the AMP reward.
Now, imagine your party jumps to $1000 in sales. It can happen, believe me. Now, you are earning $250 in commission, $200 in FREE products, 2 half price items, 2 hostess exclusives, an AMP $100 level reward, 200 in Wishes Rewards and you have unlocked a Fall Hostess Exclusive.
All of this can be yours with just a $49 investment! I will help you along the way. If you are close (within an hour’s ride) I will come to your home to help with your launch party. If you aren’t, I will help you with a Facebook party and can FaceTime in for your party to answer any questions or help out.
SHARE the love and ask a friend to join you on your journey. They could join you for just $49 as long as it is by May 31st. If they have $1000 in sales (or multiples of $1000) in the first four months, YOU will receive an additional 400 Wishes Rewards points.
Who do you know who could use some extra money? Maybe they just need some girl time and a break from the kids this summer? Maybe they just love to shop great deals? Whatever the reason, Thirty One has the answer. What was the last thing you spend $49 on? If you do nothing else with the $131 gift certificate than shop, you will earn $32 BACK in commission and earn the $100 AMP Reward.
By sharing the love, you are also earning points towards The Sea of Dreams Wishes Incentive. A chance to earn a 7-day cruise for TWO! This is the first time Thirty One has opened this incentive to all consultants. It is so doable when you join now and start sharing Thirty One. What better way to start your own business then with a group of your friends, right?
Ask any question you want about my business. I am an open book! I am here to help you on your journey. I LOVE to answer questions.
Here is how you can reach me:
Facebook: Hope’s Thirty One Gift Closet
It’s HUMP Day and I am trying to get energized! I’m in a slump with my business. I’m not sure if it is MS related or if I am in-between “why” or if I just need a jumpstart! What is a girl to do?
When all else fails go back to what worked in the past. So I pulled up an article on the DSW website entitled “Seven Ways to Energize Your Business“. I need some motivation. I need to find a purpose. I need to figure out what it is I really want to do (when I grow up! LOL)
- Establish priorities. I used to be a multi-tasker, trying to tackle everything at once. MS has changed that AND I usually forget what I am doing without a list. I’m looking at things now through my recovery eyes. Just One Day (or step) at a time. So, list all your priorities (or to dos). Then focus on one or two items at a time. I have lots of ideas squirreling away in my head but once I get them on paper, it is easier to put them in perspective. I keep a list on my planner so I can cross it off when done. I love seeing the pink lines which mean I have accomplished something for the day. Prioritizing takes the stress off. I helps you to focus on one thing at a time with the comfort of knowing you will stay on the right track.
- Be as efficient as possible. What are your time suckers???? Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, binge watching on Netflix? A time sucker is anything which distracts you from your daily goals. I have been known to put a picture of a “security camera” in front of me as a gentle reminder I have work to do. Don’t have a lot of time to “work”, grab that list of two of three things and set aside some time to get them done TODAY. You will be amazed at how accomplished you feel when you cross them off the list as done.
- Combine your work with different areas of your life. No matter what kind of work you do, you can combine it into other areas of your life. If you truly love what you do, this will be easy. I am struggling with my purpose lately so some days this is a little bit more difficult. As a Thirty One Director, it is an easy! I use and carry our bags every where I go. People comment about them and I share how awesome they are. As for “The Angel Connection“, this is a no-brainer too. I always have an angel on. I am learning to change up my angel so it POPS when I wear certain shirts. Seems basic enough, right?
- Actively manage your time and stop wasting it. Time management may be easy for some but for me it is a struggle. I am getting better with the help scheduling things in my planner. Color blocking used to work but now it confuses me. I still set aside time for family, work, my Thirty One and Angel Connection business and time for me (ok, so maybe sometimes this gets pushed to the side). Manage your time when it comes to activity or exercise. Add it to your calendar so it becomes a part of your every day life and you aren’t wasting the small amounts of time doing nothing when you could be active. I know, I need to practice this one myself!
- Commit to learning new things. Lately, it seems like I am learning something new every day. The struggles with MS has made this an ongoing process. I invest in my professional development because it helps my business and my team. You can learn new things in a variety of ways like reading a blog, watching a video, listening to a conference call, a networking meeting or a formal conference/ training. And a way that works for you.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. There are going to be bumps in the road but you can learn from them and then you MUST let them go. Sometimes it is easier said than done – whether it is in business or in life. Just because you hit a bump or deal with a little negativity, it doesn’t diminsh all the positive work you have done.
- Laugh more. I am learning to laugh at myself. I feel like this was so much easier before MS. The truth is sometimes I just don’t get the pun or joke. It kills the punchline when someone has to explain it to you. In recovery, I am learning to laugh again. It is a process but one I am enjoying.
Do you know what day it is? YUP, it is HUMP DAY! For many, you are DREADING the rest of the work week. Are you already longing for the weekend? I LOVE Wednesdays (even Mondays). The truth is…. I don’t mind going to work. I am a recovering work-a-holic BUT when you LOVE what you do, it is really work? I have talked about the struggles I have over the last few months to find what I truly LOVE again. Living life on life’s terms has been a struggle and has me rethinking what it is I really LOVE to do.
I saw on a blog a checklist for figuring out if you truly LOVE what you do… so I decided to give it a shot and see what happens. Why don’t you try it with me?
First up…Never a dull day! Okay, my days have gotten a little dull. MS has caused me to struggle in doing things but on those days when I am focused…. WATCH OUT! I tend to have so many ideas going through my head, I tire myself out! LOL! The ideas are great but I just can’t seem to put them into gear. Last minute parties – of course. Last minute fundraiser – wouldn’t miss doing it. BUT now I have added the love of creating angels. The joy an angel can bring to someone as they share a story of someone who has passed is something I treasure. The creativity gets my blood flowing!
Meetings? Love them! I love leading discussions to help others grow their business. I do struggle when there are multiple conversations going on at the same time – my brain goes into overload. I feel like the teacher telling students “only person can talk at a time”. LOL! So, do I LOVE them? No, but they do get my juices flowing.
Inspiration is around the corner. Hubby said something the other night “You see the possibility of angels in everything” and it’s true. I had a friend give me some jewelry pieces to combine and make an angel for her and I’m over the moon excited. Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE Thirty One. I LOVE being around other Thirty One consultants who are smart, confident, funny, giving and dedicated. They each inspire me in their own way to be better and to reach for the stars.
Work = part of life. You enjoy life and work. You feel alive and joyful not just at home but also at your desk. When you love your work, it’s a part of your life.
I think this says it all.
S0 much to explore! When you love your work, it’s like peeling an onion. There are always more layers to discover and explore. When you hate your work it’s also like peeling an onion – but all you find are more tears.
Are you discovering or are you shedding tears?
You hardly ever look at the clock. This is definitely me. I can get lost in my office working on my blog, crafting angels, creating ideas and planning the future. You know the saying “time flies when you are having fun” well it does for me!
So what is the result of this check list for YOU? Do you LOVE what you do or are you just working to pay the bills? Don’t get me wrong, I do the same thing – I mean, the bill collectors want their money but I enjoy all of it. I LOVE the combination of my Thirty One business and my angels. Want to know more about my Thirty One business and how it might be able to change YOUR life, just ask. Not only do you get paid BUT there are some AWESOME perks.
If you don’t LOVE what you do, maybe it is time for a change. Life is too short to wait for “it” to come so you can retire and enjoy life. Why not enjoy it NOW!
Have a ThirtyOne-derful day!